Joe Biden and Tom Brady make a mockery of Trump's election conspiracy theories
On the six-month anniversary of Joe Biden's presidency, members of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers visited the White House and met with the president — including quarterback Tom Brady, who combined political humor with sports humor while making fun of far-right election conspiracy theories.
Brady, discussing the Buccaneers' success in American football, said, "Not a lot of people think that we could have won. In fact, I think about 40% of the people still don't think we won."
Biden humorously chimed in, "I understand that," inspiring laughter from Brady's fellow Buccaneers.
The Buccaneers' visit to the White House came exactly half a year after Biden's inauguration. It was on January 20 that former President Donald Trump vacated the White House, Biden was sworn in as president and former U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris was sworn in as vice president. And six months into Biden's presidency, Trump — as Brady humorously alluded to during his speech — continues to falsely claim that he won the 2020 election.
Brady delivered some more political/sports humor when he said that when he "lost track" during a game in Chicago, people started calling him "Sleepy Tom" — an obvious reference to "Sleepy Joe," Trump's insulting name for Biden.
Brady went on to give Biden a football jersey that read "Biden 46." Biden is counted as the 46th president of the United States.
- Here's what happens if Trump tries to sue his way to victory - Alternet ... ›
- Biden or Trump? A few early voting clues reveal who has the edge ... ›
- Jen Psaki had the perfect response to a Newsmax reporter trying to ... ›
- Watch: Trump pal Tom Brady mocks former president in front of Biden at White House celebration - Alternet.org ›
- Trump suggests ‘robber’ Biden has to give him back the White House in latest election conspiracy rant - Alternet.org ›