CNN segment blasts GOP lawmakers for throwing their own relatives under the bus in the name of Trumpism
CNN's "New Day" host Brianna Keilar on Friday took aim at Republican lawmakers for their blind and unwavering devotion to former President Donald Trump. In fact, Keilar believes Republicans are so invested in Trump that they may be able to sacrifice their own family members to do his bidding.
"Blood may be thicker than water, but apparently it's not thicker than Kool-Aid," Keilar said.
Keliar analyzed how many Republican lawmakers including Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), Republican National Committee chair Ronna McDaniel, Rep. Greg Pence (R-Ind.), and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) have all thrown their own family members under the bus just for acceptance from the former president.
Keilar also recalled other moments where Trump managed to get away with insulting his own party's lawmakers only for them to sit back and take the verbal jabs without defending themselves.
"Even if he calls your wife ugly. Mocks your dad. Puts a target on your brother's back or rips your uncle," said Keilar. "In the age of Trump, truly, you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family."
Of all the Republicans Keilar mentioned, Cruz is likely one of the most-mocked Republican lawmakers on social,. Twitter users have never passed up an opportunity to remind him of his unrequited loyalty.
- 'Its roots are deep': Noam Chomsky breaks down just how ... ›
- Sarah Sanders is taking Trumpism for a 'road-test' in Arkansas ... ›
- Democrats must 'become the nation's majority party' to save US ... ›
- 'He is white rage' CNN's Brianna Keilar trolls Tucker Carlson's argument about white rage being non-existent - Alternet.org ›
- Sarah Sanders tries to blame Biden and Harris for 'casting so much doubt' on the vaccine - Alternet.org ›