Singer Reba McEntire distances herself from South Dakota GOP Gov. Kristi Noem
Country superstar Reba Mc Entire was added to a list of special guests for South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem 's (R) fundraiser. However, there is just one problem: according to McEntire she had no clue she had been invited to the event.
According to The Daily Beast, McEntire on Friday took to Twitter to offer a different side to the story. The famed singer tweet explained that she had no involvement whatsoever with the planning of the event as the governor's invitation was made without her consent.
Admitting that she does not get involved in politics, McEntire also confirmed that she will not be attending the event.
"Last night, an invitation to a political fundraiser with my name attached was sent out without my knowledge or permission. I had and have no plans to attend this event and had told the event organizers as such," McEntire wrote on Twitter. "Throughout my career, I have stated that I do not get involved in politics and that remains true today."
However, Noem's spokesman, Ian Fury, pushed back against the claims insisting he had written consent that the singer would attend the event although he insisted that "the Governor is a huge fan of Reba."
The event, which cost approximately $500 per person, is scheduled for Sunday, June 13. Noem's office has yet to respond to the latest reports.
- Kristi Noem mocked after admitting she's 'shocked' Biden's ... ›
- Gov. Kristi Noem's star status in the GOP is rapidly dwindling: report ... ›
- Watch: MSNBC's Joy Reid details the development GOP star Gov ... ›
- The nation's worst COVID governor? Trump superfan Kristi Noem is ... ›
- Kristi Noem goes full MAGA with lawsuits against Biden's ... ›
- Why the right wing is turning on Kristi Noem - Alternet.org ›
- This billionaire GOP donor is funding South Dakota's National Guard border deployment — but lives in Tennessee - Alternet.org ›
- Guns for hire?: GOP governor accused of 'renting' out South Dakot's National Guard troops as for-profit 'mercenaries' - Alternet.org ›
- 'Unbelievably dangerous': Top Democrat slams Gov. Noem for using the National Guard as a 'private militia' - Alternet.org ›
- California Democrat urges Kristi Noem to use South Dakota National Guard to combat far-right extremists - Alternet.org ›