Video emerges of Trump and Ron DeSantis meeting man being investigated for human trafficking with Matt Gaetz
On Wednesday, CBS News revealed that Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) went to the Bahamas in late 2018 or early 2019 with a marijuana entrepreneur and hand surgeon that ultimately triggered a sex trafficking investigation.'
The man, named Jason Pirozzolo, "allegedly paid for the travel expenses, accommodations, and female escorts," the report revealed.
Whether the escorts were hired for sex across state or international lines is part of the investigation by the Justice Department, and it includes both Gaetz and Pirozzolo as part of that probe.
A new development occurred Thursday when an old video was unearthed of then-President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump meeting Pirozzolo as they landed in Orlando in June 2019, months after the now-infamous Bahamas trip. Trump was there to launch his 2020 presidential campaign with a large rally.
He, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) and Casey DeSantis were the only three guests waiting on the tarmac in Orlando that day. It's unknown who helped Pirozzolo score the unique opportunity to greet the president.
See the video below:
President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump greeted by Gov. Ron DeSantis, his wife Casey and Jason Pirozzol… https://t.co/jtW0Y1K3qe— Ryan Gillespie (@Ryan Gillespie) 1560897899
- Matt Gaetz declares 'I am absolutely not resigning' as GOP leaders ... ›
- NYT report finds Matt Gaetz tried to get a 'blanket pardon' from ... ›
- Trump's defense of Matt Gaetz just made life way harder for ... ›
- How Matt Gaetz became an 'integral part' of Ron DeSantis' gubernatorial campaign: report - Alternet.org ›
- Matt Gaetz eyeing presidential bid despite sex-trafficking probe — to provide cover for Ron DeSantis - Alternet.org ›