Marjorie Greene wants to debate AOC over the Green New Deal — but admits she's yet to read 'all 14 pages' of the bill
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) claims she is interested in debating Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez over the details of the Green New Deal. According to Business Insider, Greene on Wednesday, April 21, tweeted about the possibility of her and the Democratic lawmaker scheduling a debate in the near future.
Greene's tweet came shortly after the two lawmakers talked on the House floor about Ocasio-Cortez's environmental proposal. However, Greene insisted she would only be willing to debate after reading "all 14 pages."
"I'm glad I ran into you today [Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ] to plan our debate about the Green New Deal," Greene tweeted. "After I finish reading all 14 pages, like we agreed, I'll schedule time for our debate."
I’m glad I ran into you today @AOC to plan our debate about the Green New Deal. After I finish reading all 14 page… https://t.co/8WgrRkXMln— Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸 (@Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸) 1619045338
Then, on Thursday morning, Greene followed up with another tweet about Ocasio-Cortez's document describing it as a "Communist's manifesto."
I read your 14 page Communists manifesto @AOC. Looking forward to debating you. #MTGvsAOC— Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸 (@Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸) 1619095826
While Greene believes it would be a good idea to debate the Democratic congresswoman, Twitter users believe the political grudge match could end up backfiring for the Georgia lawmaker. Many Twitter users have shared their reaction to Greene's call for a debate. Some expressed interest in tuning in for the debate while others believe it will only be a waste of time.
One Twitter user wrote, "AOC would absolutely DESTROY Marjorie Taylor Greene in a debate on the Green New Deal. Where can I get tickets?"
AOC would absolutely DESTROY Marjorie Taylor Greene in a debate on the Green New Deal. Where can I get tickets?🍿👀— BrooklynDad_Defiant!☮️ (@BrooklynDad_Defiant!☮️) 1619096226
Another user wrote, "That would be a big waste of everyone's time. No one wants to watch a conspiracy theorist shout disinformation she heard on 'Fox and Friends' as AOC tries to explain economics and environmental science as if to a child."
@mtgreenee @AOC That would be a big waste of everyones time. No one wants to watch a conspiracy theorist shout disi… https://t.co/xuAfPQUtcL— I see machine elves (@I see machine elves) 1619045990
However, others raised concern about the fact that Greene has constantly attacked Democratic lawmakers over The Green Deal but inadvertently admitted in the tweet that she'd never read it. "Wait. Let me get this right... you constantly attack the bill and everything it stands for... but you have never actually read it?" one Twitter user pointed out.
@mtgreenee @AOC Wait. Let me get this right... you constantly attack the bill and everything it stands for... but y… https://t.co/nhwYMtQ2HR— Rory Williamson (@Rory Williamson) 1619045767
In response to the admission, Twitter users surmised that it must have been difficult for the lawmaker to read 14 pages. Another Twitter user wrote, "14 pages is a lot, maybe someone could make an audiobook for her."
@RoryCWilliamson @mtgreenee @AOC 14 pages is a lot, maybe someone could make an audio book for her— Lisa L (@Lisa L) 1619049247
@mtgreenee @AOC So you have been complaining about the bill for months and you haven’t read it? AOC will wipe the f… https://t.co/qhima1mqNL— AngelaK75 (@AngelaK75) 1619048457
@armymom2d @mtgreenee @AOC "Did you read it?" "Yeah, I read some of it" "Okay when you've read all 14 pages we can talk about it, bye now"— Kinesernas infiltratör i Sverige (@Kinesernas infiltratör i Sverige) 1619051165
According to Newsweek, AOC has not yet said anything about the possibility of debating Greene.
- The disturbing and cruel psychology of Marjorie Taylor Greene ... ›
- Here's what Marjorie Taylor Greene and her ilk are really afraid of ... ›
- How Josh Hawley and Marjorie Taylor Greene juiced their ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene goes on angry rant demanding a debate with AOC after disturbing encounter - Alternet.org ›
- Pelosi calls for investigative probe into Marjorie Taylor Greene's history of harassment after AOC attack - Alternet.org ›
- Boebert, Cawthorn, Greene on list of 101 ‘pro-life’ and ‘pro-family’ GOPers but voted against pregnant workers - Alternet.org ›
- Twitter joins forces with American Jewish Congress in torching Marjorie Greene's 'grotesque' Holocaust comparison to masks - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene quickly deletes obscene Twitter attack on 'feckless' Kevin McCarthy - Alternet.org ›
- AOC ties Manchin to dark money: 'Corporate money has a very tight grip on both parties' - Alternet.org ›
- Intra-party Dem rift plays out on cable shows as AOC blasts colleagues for feeding 'right-wing vitriol' - Alternet.org ›
- Record heat and flimsy power grid across US proves urgent need for green infrastructure - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene's creepy AOC obsession rises again as she blames her in false green new deal attack - Alternet.org ›
- 'Garbage politicians' Boebert and Taylor Greene slammed by GOP colleague for trying to 'get Americans killed' - Alternet.org ›