Greg Abbott bizarrely suggests Democratic election reform allows 'using cocaine to buy votes'
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) suggested over the weekend that a Democratic effort to improve access to elections would lead to "using cocaine to buy votes."
During her Sunday morning program, Fox News host Maria Bartiromo asked Abbott about legislation known as H.R. 1 that aims to improve election integrity.
"Before I was governor, I was the attorney general of Texas," Abbott explained. "And when the Obama administration tried doing things like this, I filed 31 lawsuits against the Obama administration. The strongest tool that we have is the litigation tool."
"And when you look at some of the things that they are talking about with regard to H.R. 1, they are trying to institutionalize voter fraud in the United States of America," he continued. "They want to make mail-in ballots permanent. Everyone knows -- including Democrats in Texas -- have said that one of the easiest ways to cheat in elections is through these mail-in ballots."
According to Abbott, Democrats want to "protect ballot harvesting."
He then recounted an "amazing story" about people "using cocaine to buy votes" during his time as attorney general.
"It was Barack Obama himself who knew about the dangers of ballot harvesting in the state of Texas," Abbott said, "because under his administration, he sent his U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Texas as well as the FBI to south Texas to arrest and to prosecute people who were involved in ballot harvesting that were using cocaine to buy votes through the ballot harvesting process in the state of Texas."
"It is a way to commit voter fraud and it cnnnot be allowed," he concluded.
Watch the video below from Fox News.
Greg Abbott suggests Dem election reform allows 'using cocaine to buy votes'www.youtube.com
- Calls for Texas governor to resign as he blames power outages on ... ›
- Texas Republicans mocked after begging Biden for help: 'Didn't they ... ›
- Abbott's 'deadly pattern of failed leadership' slammed by Texas ... ›
- Greg Abbott consulted an infamous climate change denier before Texas energy debacle: reporter - Alternet.org ›
- Texas Gov. faces backlash after blaming Biden admin for COVID outbreak and water crisis at minor migrant facility - Alternet.org ›
- Texas' Greg Abbott has been quietly courting Facebook while publicly shaming them — here's why - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News has a moment of honesty and confronts Gov. Abbott with inconvenient facts about his attack on Biden - Alternet.org ›
- Texas Gov. was aware of gas shortages days before winter storm blackout but publicly blamed wind turbines anyway: report - Alternet.org ›
- Texas Gov. Greg Abbott vows to defund state Legislature after voting restrictions bill fails - Alternet.org ›
- 'Grotesque hypocrisy': Greg Abbott mocked for signing law banning businesses from asking for 'vaccine info' - Alternet.org ›
- Texas Gov. insists power grid problems are resolved. Experts say otherwise - Alternet.org ›
- #AbbottFailedTexas trends as state electric authority warns of power outages again — this time in heat wave - Alternet.org ›
- Gov. Greg Abbott says he'll solicit individuals for donations to fund his plan for a border wall - Alternet.org ›
- Gov. Greg Abbott says power grid better than ever as Texans asked to cut back electricity use - Alternet.org ›
- Texas gov vetoes funding for state Legislature as punishment for Democrats' walkout on elections bill - Alternet.org ›
- Texas Gov. Greg Abbott feels the heat: analysis - Alternet.org ›
- 'Half-baked': Greg Abbott scorched by major Texas paper for 'ludicrous' plan to finish Trump's border wall - Alternet.org ›
- Historians slam Texas governor for 'patriotic education' law that promotes propaganda over facts - Alternet.org ›
- 'Parade of horribles': Abbott slammed for calling lawmakers back to increase voter suppression - Alternet.org ›
- 'Worse than nothing': Texas Gov. Abbott under fire after his baffling response to the state's Covid surge - Alternet.org ›
- Group of students with disabilities file lawsuit against Texas Gov. Abbott — claim mask mandate ban violates ADA - Alternet.org ›