Sen. Duckworth mocks and curses at Tucker Carlson after his twisted clip about 'masculinity' in the military
Fox News' Tucker Carlson has been drawing a great deal of criticism from veterans this week for his recent rant against efforts to accommodate women serving in the U.S. military. And one of those veterans is Sen. Tammy Duckworth of Illinois.
Carlson complained, "Pregnant women are going to fight our wars. It's a mockery of the U.S. military. While China's military becomes more masculine as it's assembled the world's largest navy, our military needs to become, as Joe Biden says, 'more feminine' — whatever 'feminine' means anymore, since men and women no longer exist."
Duckworth, who lost both of her legs while serving as a combat pilot during the Iraq War in 2004, had a scathing but humorous response.
Posting some old images of Carlson dancing, the Illinois Democrat tweeted:
...and we all know it was his female partner who did all the hard work. https://t.co/yoGBy2iaQF— Tammy Duckworth (@Tammy Duckworth) 1615485554.0
Here are some responses to Duckworth's tweets:
@TammyforIL Yes Ma’am!!😍🤩 Do not mince words. We are so lucky to have you in the Senate. You are the person I want… https://t.co/JqquVLeC78— 💛🐝Josephine Jones💛 (@💛🐝Josephine Jones💛) 1615486550.0
@TammyforIL Tucker Carlson @TuckerCarlson needs to RESIGN for sexist remarks, sexual harassment & discrimination t… https://t.co/YKxtqbboTw— MTmoderate (@MTmoderate) 1615486666.0
@TammyforIL Amen! Remind me again, where did Tucker serve?— Dr. Stewart French, PhD (@Dr. Stewart French, PhD) 1615486930.0
@TammyforIL I would vote for you 100 more times if I could.— Isa-Lee Wolf (@Isa-Lee Wolf)1615486999.0
- Incoming GOP rep. apologizes for saying 'Hitler was right' in speech ... ›
- Tucker Carlson faces backlash after he loses it over AOC's claim that ... ›
- 'Retreat to your safe space, snowflake': Tucker Carlson mocked for playing the victim after attacking women in the military - Alternet.org ›
- Tucker Carlson loses it in an accidentally revealing rant comparing an Asian-American Senator to the KKK - Alternet.org ›
- Rep. Matt Gaetz is trying to take Fox News' Tucker Carlson down with him - Alternet.org ›