Cops arrest MAGA rioters who assaulted late Capitol officer Brian Sicknick
Two MAGA rioters have been arrested and charged with assaulting the late Capitol police officer Brian Sicknick, who died after being attacked by Trump supporters at the January 6th attack on the United States Capitol building.
The Washington Post reports that 32-year-old Pennsylvania resident Julian Elie Khater and 39-year-old West Virginia resident George Pierre Tanios were "arrested Sunday and are expected to appear in federal court Monday."
Police allege that they have video showing Khater discharging a cannister of bear spray into Sicknick's face during the January 6th riots.
Khater and Tanios are facing a total of nine criminal counts, including charges of assaulting Sicknick and two other offices during the riots.
- Trump won't lower flags for slain officer — even on 'Law ... ›
- Fox News's decision to ignore a fallen Capitol officer's ceremony ... ›
- FBI tracks down suspect allegedly involved in Capitol Police officer ... ›
- The truth about Officer Sicknick's death in the Capitol riot - Alternet.org ›
- MAGA rioter grovels before judge after getting caught making a mockery of court's mask mandate - Alternet.org ›
- Here's why MAGA rioters thought they'd get away with posting selfies taken at the Capitol - Alternet.org ›
- WATCH: Newly released disturbing video shows assault on deceased Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick - Alternet.org ›
- These Trump supporters stormed the US Capitol on Jan. 6. Now, they're political candidates - Alternet.org ›
- MAGA students’ attacks on LGBTQ unity week met with civil rights complaint filed with Dept. of Education - Alternet.org ›
- 'You left us bloody and alone!' Feds reveal MAGA rioter's anguished message to Trump after realizing he wasn't getting pardoned - Alternet.org ›
- 'A spit in the face': Partner of fallen Capitol Police officer slams GOP lawmakers who blocked Jan. 6 commission - Alternet.org ›
- 'Selling their souls for power': Fallen cop's partner denounces McConnell and the GOP for protecting Trump - Alternet.org ›