Here's why a GOP congressman declared Trump 'is losing it' after latest broadside
Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) has choice words about former President Donald Trump's latest angry attack on Fox News' Karl Rove and a number of other Republicans who have distanced from him.
Shortly after Trump released his angry statement, Kinzinger took to Twitter with his response, in a post flagged by Newsweek. According to the Illinois lawmaker, Trump's lengthy rank makes one thing clear: the former president is losing his mind. With Trump's statement, Kinzinger tweeted, "Oh my Lord. He is losing it."
Oh my Lord. He is losing it. https://t.co/wN1QEdf2Jm— Adam Kinzinger (@Adam Kinzinger)1614906291.0
Kinzinger's mocking assessment of the unhinged former president came shortly after Trump turned heads with the emailed statement he sent to his supporters. While attacking Republican lawmakers who he believes betrayed him, Trump fired off at Fox News demanding that the news network fire Karl Rove.
"Karl Rove is all talk and no action!" Trump wrote. "Fox News should get rid of Karl Rove and his ridiculous 'whiteboard' as soon as possible!"
At one point in the letter, Trump even employed a fear tactic insisting the Republican Party would not have future success if Republican leaders and lawmakers like Rove and Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) remain in positions of power and influence.
"If the Republican Party is going to be successful, they're going to have to stop dealing with the likes of Karl Rove and just let him float away, or retire, like Liddle' Bob Corker, Jeff 'Flakey' Flake, and others like Toomey of Pennsylvania, who will soon follow."
The disgraced former president went on to discuss Congress and his speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC). Trump wrote, "In last year's Congressional primaries, 120 of the 122 candidates I endorsed won - and the two that lost were beaten by people claiming to be more Trump than their opponent. In the Senate, I was undefeated in primary endorsements with a record of 21 and 0, and close to that in the general election."
Trump's latest rant suggests his political aspirations are far from over.
- 'The president is unwell': This Republican congressman is calling for ... ›
- GOP congressman blasts Trump for quoting evangelical pastor's ... ›
- GOP Rep. Adam Kinzinger heckles Matt Gaetz after House votes in ... ›
- 'White Supremacy Caucus': GOP lawmaker torches 'America First Caucus' as he offers his take on lawmakers joining it - Alternet.org ›
- Ex-conservative explains why the GOP looks even worse post-Trump - Alternet.org ›
- George W. Bush meets with Never Trumpers to discuss post-Trump GOP - Alternet.org ›
- GOP rep demands Republican lawmakers address officers' concerns about downplaying the US Capitol insurrection - Alternet.org ›
- Republican congressman believes GOP's ousting of Liz Cheney will backfire - Alternet.org ›
- Republican lawmaker GOP while challenging Kevin McCarthy to 'assert some influence' - Alternet.org ›
- 'Trump destroyed': GOP lawmaker Adam Kinzinger pushes back against Pence's comparison of Trump to Reagan - Alternet.org ›