'You can see Kevin McCarthy's soul leave his body': MSNBC host laughs at weird GOP exchange on 'loser' Trump
In an awkward exchange with reporters Wednesday, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) was asked about CPAC and former President Donald Trump. Republican Whip Liz Cheney (R-WY) was asked the same question, giving her own answer that she doesn't believe the GOP should be the Trump party. It was a moment that prompted one MSNBC host to crack up laughing about it.
"You can actually see Kevin McCarthy's soul leave his body at one point in this press conference," MSNBC's Chris Hayes joked. "He closes his eyes. It just floats out of him. Shortly thereafter, Jim Jordan tweeted President Trump is the leader of the Republican Party. You know what, Jim? You are right and Liz Cheney is wrong. The vast majority of Republicans are falling over themselves to associate with this unpopular loser. We're so used to it at this point that I don't think it strikes as weird as it is. It is truly upside down. It is very weird in Republican politics to see a party rally around a loser. Losers tend to believe in popularity and appeal to their supporters and their policy if they lose. Unless you're a Cubs fan, lovable losers aren't really a thing in politics."
See the hilarious moment below:
GOP loyalty to loser Trump www.youtube.com
- Trump's loyalty test exposes the GOP's hatred for democracy ... ›
- The sheep-like loyalty of Trump supporters is starting to backfire ... ›
- Here's why Trump commands so much loyalty from his base ... ›
- McCarthy gets slammed after falsely claiming 'suspected terrorists' have been captured at the Mexico border - Alternet.org ›
- Republicans failed to land any punches on Biden yet — and their newest gambit is darkly cynical - Alternet.org ›
- McCarthy faces Twitter storm after trying to 'rewrite history' of support for Trump's attempted coup - Alternet.org ›
- Kevin McCarthy wants Liz Cheney to 'tone down' her scathing anti-Trump rhetoric — but she isn’t budging: report - Alternet.org ›
- 'Ticking every box': MSNBC's Chris Hayes breaks down how Biden managed to succeed where Trump failed miserably - Alternet.org ›
- Kevin McCarthy gets caught on hot mic railing against Liz Cheney: 'I've had it' - Alternet.org ›
- Former Connecticut GOP minority leader slams Republicans for abandoning the 'constitutional system' - Alternet.org ›