Lindsey Graham bizarrely threatens to make impeachment trial a thorough investigation
On Fox News Monday evening, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) warned that if Democrats try to bring witnesses in the impeachment trial of former President Donald Trump, he and Senate Republicans will retaliate by bringing in a ton of witnesses of their own. "We'll want the FBI to come in," he said.
Commenters on social media seemed confused as to why Graham's promise was a threat — with many impeachment-supporting pundits suggesting they were fully on board with the idea of a comprehensive, bipartisan impeachment trial that reviews all the evidence and expert opinions before arriving at a conclusion on the former president's guilt or innocence.
- A party divided: Lindsey Graham slams Mitch McConnell - Alternet.org ›
- Lindsey Graham, who begged for cash on Fox News, tells Sean ... ›
- 'They hate my guts': Lindsey Graham is freaking out and sounding ... ›
- Lindsey Graham under fire for blocking Merrick Garland's Senate confirmation - Alternet.org ›
- Graham said the 'not guilty vote is growing' after Trump impeachment case — and Twitter let him have it - Alternet.org ›
- Trumpworld insider 'refuses to be silenced' — and is cooperating with investigators: report - Alternet.org ›
- 'We're tired of it': Lindsey Graham accuses Biden of playing 'the race card' - Alternet.org ›
- 'Another 9/11': Lindsey Graham launches an attack on Biden — and Twitter returns the favor - Alternet.org ›
- Lindsey Graham trolled after making desperate plea for campaign cash — with Trump's help - Alternet.org ›