Watch: House impeachment managers' damning video links Trump's 'Stop the Steal' speech to the Capitol siege
Former President Donald Trump's second impeachment trial got underway on Tuesday, with Trump facing a charge of incitement to insurrection. And House impeachment manager Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD), is his opening statement, presented as evidence a video linking Trump's 'Stop the Steal' diatribe to the January 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol Building.
In the video, Trump is seen at a January 6 rally claiming that he really won the 2020 election "by a landslide" and insisting, "this was not a close election." And Trump's speech is followed by footage of the siege of the Capitol.
Watch the video below:
CNN 02 09 2021 13 18 25 www.youtube.com
Trump impeachment video Pt. 2 www.youtube.com
- Some House Republicans refused to wear masks during the Capitol ... ›
- Capitol siege sparked pro-Trump protests nationwide — several ... ›
- Trump was 'pleased' by Capitol siege — until aides warned he has ... ›
- Lead impeachment manager lays out how 'inciter-in-chief' Trump 'praised and encouraged and cultivated violence' - Alternet.org ›
- The House impeachment managers make a searing case against Trump — but they're leaving out an ugly truth - Alternet.org ›
- Lead 'Stop the Steal' organizer promises to punish enemies and build new society for Trump supporters - Alternet.org ›
- The overlooked success of the House impeachment managers - Alternet.org ›
- ‘Stop the Steal’ spread on Facebook enabled Jan. 6 insurrection: internal report - Alternet.org ›