GOP lawmaker and QAnon believer Rep. Marjorie Green planning articles of impeachment for Biden
Newly elected Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) is planning to move forward with articles of impeachment against President-elect Joe Biden.
During a bizarre appearance on the pro-Trump news network, Newsmax, Greene, a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump and a fervent believer in the QAnon conspiracy, announced her intent to file articles of impeachment on Jan. 21.
The Republican lawmaker claimed her goal is to "make sure our leaders are held accountable" despite her failure to hold President Donald Trump accountable for his dangerous rhetoric and post-election coup.
"I would like to announce on behalf of the American people, we have to make sure our leaders are held accountable," Greene said to host Greg Kelly, adding, "We cannot have a president of the United States who is willing to abuse the power of the office of the presidency and be easily bought off by foreign governments, foreign Chinese energy companies, Ukrainian energy companies, so on Jan. 21, I will be filing articles of impeachment on Joe Biden."
Greene's interview came just hours after the House voted to impeach Trump for a second time for inciting an insurrection. Based on Trump's dangerous rhetoric at the "Save America" rally, the violence that ensued immediately after, and the photos and footage chronicling everything that occurred, 222 House Democrat lawmakers, along with 10 Republican, voted to swiftly impeach the president.
On January 21st, I’m filing Articles of Impeachment on President-elect @JoeBiden. 75 million Americans are fed up… https://t.co/e9MxiKaoLQ— Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸 (@Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸)1610585520.0
"I'm a big believer of having people in office who are actually willing to do the job, and I can't imagine people in this country being so fearful of a future of a Biden presidency that they may be willing to commit violence like they did in the Capitol here in Washington, D.C. We cannot have that, I do not condone that violence," the congresswoman said.
Despite Greene's efforts, her push likely will not receive the attention she is hoping for as Democrats are also preparing to take control of the Senate.
- New poll reveals the disturbing extent of the delusional QAnon cult ... ›
- QAnon-believing GOP candidate threatens 'offense' against 'The ... ›
- How a QAnon conspiracy theorist won a Georgia GOP ... ›
- 'None of this stuff has come true!': Disillusioned QAnon follower admits she's starting to lose faith - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Greene ripped for bizarre rant suggesting Capitol riots ruined GOP attempt to overturn the election - Alternet.org ›
- QAnon was devastated to see Biden on Air Force One because they thought Trump was secretly using it: report - Alternet.org ›