Fox News' Maria Bartiromo claims Democrats infiltrated Capitol wearing MAGA clothing — and Twitter fires back
Fox Business news anchor Maria Bartiromo was in for a rude awakening when she attempted to blame the U.S. Capitol riots on Democrats who "infiltrated" the federal building wearing Make America Great Again (MAGA) clothing.
As she discussed the reports about possible threats of right-wing violence looming over the upcoming presidential inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden, she falsely that Democrats participated in the Capitol riots, according to Media Matters.
During the broadcast, Bartiromo said, "A new report says that some far-right protesters have discussed posing as members of the National Guard to infiltrate the inauguration — the way Democrats infiltrated two weeks ago and put on MAGA clothing."
Fox anchor Maria Bartiromo: “A new report says that some far-right protesters have discussed posing as members of t… https://t.co/w7t0mVi8qK— Media Matters (@Media Matters) 1611066217
Twitter users quickly fired back at Bartiromo for the baseless claim. One Twitter user also noted how right-wing media reports would differ if there was an arrest of someone who was confirmed to be a Democrat posing as a Trump supporter and stormed the Capitol. The user said, "One would think that if a single left-winger antifa whatever was caught, they would have been arrested and paraded around of Fox News and OANN. The projection has become a parody."
Many have also argued that Bartiromo's fierce support of Trump and reporting of dangerous misinformation and falsehoods now overshadows her reputation as a business reporter.
@mmfa One would think that if a single left-winger antifa whatever was caught, they would have been arrested and pa… https://t.co/PhsbMVQXJU— Effervescent Bongwater (@Effervescent Bongwater) 1611066723
@mmfa Wtf happened to you @MariaBartiromo ? No, really.— Rick Shew (@Rick Shew) 1611066354
@NYCDemocrat318 @mmfa @MariaBartiromo Democrats don’t bring guns to demonstrations, don’t use fire extinguishers an… https://t.co/p4eOo6KXau— FightHarderforDemocracy (@FightHarderforDemocracy) 1611070315
@mmfa Wow. She doesn't look well. I remember feeling like she looks when I was sinking desperately into hopeless alcoholism.— Souvenir Coffee Mug (@Souvenir Coffee Mug) 1611069850
This is Maria Bartiromo - once a semi-respectable business reporter and now indistinguishable from Alex Jones and I… https://t.co/vMVRHR95Tw— Mehdi Hasan (@Mehdi Hasan) 1611068982
Bartiromo's wild remarks come amid the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) continues to make arrests in connection with the Capitol riots. As of Tuesday, Jan. 19, more than 100 people have been arrested for storming the Capitol. The vast majority of those arrested have also been reported to have ties to far-right extremist groups and self-styled militia groups.
- Fox News host debunks Trump after his colleague let the president ... ›
- Fox News' Maria Bartiromo predicts 'hundreds of thousands' of US ... ›
- Alan Dershowitz gives bad news to Fox News' Bartiromo: 'The ... ›
- 'How can you have unity if you're taking away everything we like?': Fox News blasts Biden for scrapping Trump policies - Alternet.org ›
- 'Irony is dead': Maria Bartiromo is very concerned about all the time Joe Biden spends in Delaware - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News' Tucker Carlson faces blowback after defending the Capitol rioters as 'sad, disenfranchised people' - Alternet.org ›
- Judge loses patience in MAGA riot case: 'I can no longer give the defendant the benefit of the doubt' - Alternet.org ›
- An FBI probe has totally debunked the MAGA claim that a 2019 mass shooting was linked to Antifa - Alternet.org ›
- 'I will shed more' blood: Judge orders oath-breaking former deputy to remain in jail to await MAGA riot trial - Alternet.org ›