Trump had late night 'temper tantrum' after seeing election results shift toward Biden: report
President Donald Trump was not pleased last night when election results shifted toward Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, according to a CNN White House correspondent.
Raw Story reports that a senior White House official told CNN's Jamie Gangel that the president had a "temper tantrum" after seeing the election results shift.
During a discussion about the president's false declaration, Gangel shared details about her conversation with the unnamed White House official. According to Gangel, Trump reacted in rage when he learned Biden had taken the lead in Michigan.
"A senior official who is normally an ally of the president said that Trump had a temper tantrum last night," she explained. "That he saw that the numbers could start going against him, that he wanted to declare victory while he thought that he was ahead."
GOP sources say Trump had a 'temper tantrum' after seeing results swing toward Bidenyoutu.be
Gangel also revealed multiple Republicans expressed disgust over the president's actions as she recalled her conversations with them.
"The Republicans I spoke to this morning are not happy with him," she said. "Let me read three quotes from three different officials: The first person said, 'He is behaving as expected, badly.' The second person said that 'Trump is afraid of mail-in ballots' and the third person said that what he said last night was, quote, 'indefensible.'"
As of 11:30 a.m., Biden continues to lead in Michigan as Trump vents about his frustrations via Twitter.
- Washington Post editorial slams Republicans for cowering to 'petulant toddler' Trump's 'toxic lies' - Alternet.org ›
- Michigan GOP mayor slams Trump's 'temper tantrums' — and accuses him of 'deliberately lying to Americans’ - Alternet.org ›
- Trump summons GOP Michigan leaders to Washington DC as he tries to stop state from certifying Biden win - Alternet.org ›
- 75 percent of lawyers would not support their firm taking Trump's post-election cases: poll - Alternet.org ›
- ‘Crazy lunatic stuff’: GOP mega-donors and Trump campaign officials won’t get involved in election challenge - Alternet.org ›
- Mike Pence jumps back on the Trump train falsely suggesting the presidential election is still undecided - Alternet.org ›
- The child king spends his final days throwing an extra ton of trauma-inducing tantrums - Alternet.org ›