Kayleigh McEnany gets entangled in another Trump lie -- and this viral video just debunked it
White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany is now being haunted by her words spoken at a heated press briefing on Friday.
During that briefing, McEnany was asked about why the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) had not become involved in the Trump campaign's allegations of voter fraud. In an effort to justify President Donald Trump's efforts to undermine the election outcome and his refusal to commit to a peaceful transfer of power, McEnany falsely claimed Trump did not receive a peaceful transfer of power in 2016 and Democratic lawmakers did not accept the outcome of the election.
Now, a viral clip of Trump's inauguration in January 2017 is being used to confirm that McEnany actually lied about the transfer of power for the incoming Trump administration because the president, himself, confirmed the transfer was seamless.
"They have been magnificent," Trump said of Former President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama.
Since the clip began circulating on Twitter, it has received more than 1.6 million views and many Twitter users wasted no time reacting to it while expressing their disdain for McEnany claims.
"The "whataboutism" this government has been spewing for the past four years will plague society for years. Who needs facts and debate when you can "whatabout," one Twitter user said.
@nowthisnews The "whataboutism" this government has been spewing for the past four years will plague society for ye… https://t.co/ctbYaFT4aU— Ron J Hole (@Ron J Hole)1605911519.0
Another Twitter user also recalled the Obama administration's involvement in the peaceful transfer of power for Trump's administration saying, "The outgoing @BarackObama and @JoeBiden administration even instructed and trained the @realDonaldTrump administration how to handle a pandemic...Trump sacked all his advisors who attended the workshop."
@nowthisnews The outgoing @BarackObama and @JoeBiden administration even instructed and trained the… https://t.co/b8E8e8DOnf— Castmaster (@Castmaster)1605911814.0
Unfortunately, President-elect Joe Biden is not receiving the same treatment. The White House is still refusing to cooperate with the incoming Biden administration despite losing efforts to overturn the election.
- 'Every word a lie': Experts destroy Trump's new White House Press ... ›
- Kayleigh McEnany paints a devastating picture of Trump ... ›
- Kayleigh McEnany's briefing goes 'off the rails' as reporters corner ... ›
- 'Sweetheart, there are tapes': Kayleigh McEnany slammed for ... ›
- 'Bye Kaleigh' hashtag mocks press secretary after devastating ... ›
- Kayleigh McEnany launches a 'weird and pointless' lie after Biden gets recognized for all-female press team - Alternet.org ›
- 'Tried to nullify millions of Black votes': Kayleigh McEnany smacked down for tweet praising MLK - Alternet.org ›
- MSNBC host says Trump's lawyer ‘lied’ about impeachment managers' evidence - Alternet.org ›