GOP's Josh Hawley doesn't even live in the state he represents
It was 2014, running for his re-election when the Washington Post had to point out something about Kansas Senator Pat Roberts: he didn't live in Kansas. In fact, Roberts made a joke that he had "full access to a recliner" he could use when he wanted. Now, Missouri Senator Josh Hawley seems to be following his lead, in a report by the Kansas City Star.
Hawley, it seems, has been using a $1.3 million dollar home in Virginia as his residence while claiming his sister's home address to vote from in the state of Missouri. Oh, Josh. Instead, when asked about the issue, the Senator's office became indignant, and brushed aside any information about it — after all, this is par for the course.
Hawley's shifting address to maintain registration isn't new. The Kansas City star notes how his family traveled, without, you know, traveling in household registration.
Hawley lived in Columbia during his stint as a professor at the University of Missouri Law School and two years as Missouri attorney general. But in March of 2019 the couple sold the Columbia home, according to the Boone County Recorder of Deeds.
That same month Hawley and his wife were added as co-owners to his parents' home in Springfield, according to the Greene County Recorder's Office. That property was sold in June.
A little more than a month after the sale of the Springfield property, Hawley changed his voter registration address to his sister's home in Ozark. He is also using the Ozark address for his registration with the Missouri Bar.
Don't worry. Hawley has an answer. Of course, it is to go on another conspiracy theory led tirade, saying that George Soros is apparently hiding in the bushes waiting for him. Or, something like that I guess.
One day after I exposed more liberal #BigTech censorship, some George Soros Democrat group is attacking me for - wa… https://t.co/3zjXjgIKNC— Josh Hawley (@Josh Hawley)1605731767.0
- Republicans feel obligated to 'assault the English language' with ... ›
- This dark new event revealed that America's white nationalism ... ›
- New GOP senator-elect suddenly revealed to be under investigation ... ›
- 'The danger has not passed': Conservative warns the GOP is still a threat after Trump's defeat - Alternet.org ›
- Lawyer schools Josh Hawley on what will really happen when he objects to the electoral college vote - Alternet.org ›
- ‘There is no excuse’: Conservative writer demolishes Republicans' arguments for defying the 2020 election - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: Sen. Hawley squirms as Fox News host grills him on the holes in his plan to overturn the election - Alternet.org ›
- Josh Hawley's mentor says supporting the senator was the 'biggest mistake I’ve ever made' - Alternet.org ›
- 'Dumbest man in America': Joe Scarborough mocks Josh Hawley after Simon & Schuster cancels his book deal - Alternet.org ›
- George Will: Josh Hawley has surpassed Lindsey Graham as the most 'ludicrous' US senator - Alternet.org ›
- Josh Hawley planned a Florida fundraiser to fatten his PAC. It's definitely not going well - Alternet.org ›
- Local Missouri newspaper slams Josh Hawley’s ‘cynical’ and unethical conduct in a blistering editorial - Alternet.org ›
- Calls grow for expulsion of 'insurrectionist' Josh Hawley after he roadblocks Biden DHS pick - Alternet.org ›
- Josh Hawley hometown paper reveals 'warning signs': Senator has lifelong history of siding with right-wing extremists - Alternet.org ›
- Josh Hawley slammed for railing against 'the muzzling of America' — on the front page of the New York Post - Alternet.org ›
- Hawley pushes delusional claim of 'tremendous' home state support despite calls for his resignation - Alternet.org ›
- Josh Hawley has become 'the face of the Biden resistance': report - Alternet.org ›
- Josh Hawley blasted for 'lapdog allegiance' to Trump after arguing impeachment trial is 'unconstitutional' - Alternet.org ›
- Josh Hawley blasted for sitting in Senate gallery 'with his feet up' and ignoring impeachment trial - Alternet.org ›
- St. Louis newspaper editorial board slams Blunt and Hawley for bringing 'embarrassment' to state by defending Trump - Alternet.org ›
- 'Fundamentally wrong': Josh Hawley’s hometown paper slams region's GOP senators for voting to acquit Trump - Alternet.org ›
- Former Missouri House staffer says he was fired for raising COVID-19 safety concerns: lawsuit - Alternet.org ›
- Josh Hawley's past support for the Iraq War surfaces as he rails against Biden Cabinet on foreign wars - Alternet.org ›
- Missouri newspaper torches Josh Hawley for defending angry mobs amid school threats - Alternet.org ›