Sen. Ed Markey applauded for silent dismissal of Texas Republican Dan Crenshaw's lame attack
Sen. Ed Markey is the Massachusetts Democrat who has continued to move towards the more progressive wing of the Democratic Party, and the voters have rewarded him, first by defeating the strange Pelosi-supported primary bid by Rep. Joe Kennedy III and then by winning reelection to his Senate seat with a commanding 66.5% of the vote.
Republican Rep. Dan Crenshaw of Texas is what passes for young blood in the Republican Party these days. His ideas, like the rest of the Republican Party's ideas, are stale and unpopular, which has led to the RNC helping rig his book sales and a public relations department that gets him on various news outlets whenever they can. With Markey's victory Crenshaw went to his social media platform to write this eloquent missive: "What a horrible and intentional insult to the legacy of JFK. Why did Massachusetts re-elect this person?" Markey responded with no words, and Crenshaw was toast.
Markey posted an image of Crenshaw's Houston "district." I put "district" in quotes, because look at it. Crenshaw, like many Republicans, has been able to hold elected office, giving conservatives an overrepresentation in office because of extreme gerrymandering, or rigging of the district maps.
https://t.co/gZ3rYFrQLU https://t.co/7pBERlR80a— Ed Markey (@Ed Markey)1605982338.0
With that tweet, Markey won the internets. The responses were a resounding yes!
@EdMarkey https://t.co/epFvYalNSc— jtr (@jtr)1605982629.0
@EdMarkey https://t.co/qZdVhvUrV8— Nuclear Winter Wonderland Canemian (@Nuclear Winter Wonderland Canemian)1605983456.0
@EdMarkey Dan Crenshaw’s district (TX-02) overlaid the Harris County 2020 Presidential vote results. Look at how it… https://t.co/wXUTC4miSQ— John T. Jacobs (@John T. Jacobs)1605985640.0
And some fun times.
@EdMarkey https://t.co/7BnTYn7Qdc— Giovanni DiMaggio (@Giovanni DiMaggio)1605982994.0
And a quick visual explainer of how Crenshaw is an elected official.
@coolcerda @EdMarkey This joke *isn't* funny because the image depicts Senator Crenshaw's electoral district, the b… https://t.co/BLqO4gMDw1— Explainer of Jokes (@Explainer of Jokes)1606019399.0
And there were people there to help Crenshaw deal with this harsh loss.
@EdMarkey @underwhelmed04 Luckily for Crenshaw, he can find treatment in Houston https://t.co/xcQ2Lgs3oO— TrumpMockery (@TrumpMockery)1606061206.0
And a reminder that Markey's social media squad has been bringing the Massachusetts senator up to speed for some time.
@EdMarkey I knew Ed was a savage after he did this. https://t.co/EFjhFK9Icw— Caleb Govoruhk (@Caleb Govoruhk)1606059461.0
- The 'civility' double standard: Here's why Republicans demand it for ... ›
- Rep. Dan Crenshaw gets cornered on The View for offering ... ›
- Rep. Dan Crenshaw breaks with Trump on pardoning accused war ... ›
- Democrat suspends campaign after making runoff to challenge Dan ... ›
- Dan Crenshaw worked with Trump's VA Secretary to smear vet who alleged sexual assault: IG - Alternet.org ›
- Former SOCOM director slams Dan Crenshaw's 'embarrassing' action clip of himself 'battling' antifa - Alternet.org ›
- Republican Dan Crenshaw goes down in flames during debate with MSNBC's Mehdi Hasan - Alternet.org ›
- 'Unhinged': Texas Republican Dan Crenshaw mocked for calling companies opposing voter suppression 'fascism' - Alternet.org ›