'Nuts!' Lincoln Project mocks Jared and Ivanka for their 'comical' threat to sue over Times Square billboards
The Lincoln Project on Friday night fired back at White House advisors Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump for threatening to sue over billboards in Times Square attacking their response to the coronavirus crisis.
The ads show the couple smiling alongside coronavirus death tolls for New Yorkers and Americans.
Kushner and Trump's attorney, Marc Kasowitz, on Friday sent a letter to the Lincoln Project warning that the billboards were defamatory. “Those ads show Ms. Trump smiling and gesturing toward a death count of Americans and New Yorkers, and attribute to Mr. Kushner the statement that “[New Yorkers] are going to suffer and that's their problem" (alteration in original), with body bags underneath," the letter read.
"If these billboard ads are not immediately removed, we will sue you for what will doubtless be enormous compensatory and punitive damages," the letter continued.
“Nuts!" the Lincoln Project replied, an allusion to commander Anthony McAuliffe's response when German forces demanded the U.S. 101st Airborne Division surrender during the Battle of the Bulge.
"The level of indignant outrage Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump have shown towards The Lincoln Project for exposing their indifference for the more than 223,000 people who have lost their lives due to their reckless mismanagement of COVID-19 is comical," the group added in a statement.
View their full statement below:
- WATCH: The Lincoln Project skewers the RNC Convention — in real ... ›
- 'They knew it was wrong': New book says Don Jr. and Ivanka Trump ... ›
- A brilliant video skewers Ivanka Trump by contrasting her flowery ... ›
- Jared and Ivanka will be 'shunned' by Manhattan social circles after ... ›
- Legal experts slam Jared and Ivanka's 'abusively frivolous' lawsuit suit over Lincoln Project billboards - Alternet.org ›
- 'This isn't over': Lincoln Project issues lawyer letter mocking Jared and Ivanka's billboard threat - Alternet.org ›
- ‘Glossy grifters’ Ivanka and Jared threw it all away for Trump — and now they’ll pay: NYT columnist - Alternet.org ›
- Lincoln Project's Rick Wilson explains why Steve Bannon 'must be destroyed' - Alternet.org ›
- DOJ abruptly drops 'personal revenge' lawsuit against former Melania Trump aide - Alternet.org ›