Rep. Katie Porter sets Twitter on fire with direct challenge to Postmaster General Louis DeJoy
There has been a steady call for Postmaster General Louis DeJoy to explain the troubling dismantling of our U.S. Postal Service infrastructure just a couple of months before our country will likely attempt to vote-by-mail en masse for our presidential election. Over the weekend, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi announced she would be bringing Congress back into session almost a month early to deal with Trump’s newest attack on the Democratic process, by pushign for legislation adding an emergency $25 billion to the USPS. On Monday, Postmaster General Dejoy and Chairman of the U.S. Postal Service Board of Governors Robert M. Duncan agreed to testify before a House Oversight Committee on Monday, Aug. 24.
Rep. Katie Porter was happy to hear the news, tweeting: “I hope the Postmaster General comes prepared. I know I will.” The rest of the civilized world was happy to hear that Rep. Porter was happy because American citizens demand answers and accountability for treasonous corruption and Rep. Katie Porter has shown herself to be a very serious person when it comes to asking the hard questions and demanding difficult answers out of many powerful people. Maybe Rep. Porter can ask Mr. DeJoy about the various “unintended consequences” of his actions as postmaster general, and why they were “necessary.”
The world let Rep. Porter know how happy they were.
@RepKatiePorter I am completely serious about this-- just about everyone should plan on donating their time to Katie Porter.— Brian Tyler Cohen (@Brian Tyler Cohen)1597691087.0
I cannot argue with that logic.
Hey, I’m just reporting what I’m seeing.
@notcapnamerica @RepKatiePorter Oh you know Katie is coming for him. https://t.co/hQX9KF9R4z— gidgetgurl (@gidgetgurl)1597690075.0
But there were people who did want to offer some kind advice to Mr. DeJoy.
@RepKatiePorter DeJoy, just some inside baseball for ya, when you see this move by Katie, your ass is grass. https://t.co/vBsLhFL7p5— YS (@YS)1597688181.0
And a classic.
@RepKatiePorter I will tune in as well because I trust you to unleash hell on him. Go get him girl. https://t.co/gwzztS5Fnh— MusicMakesMe (@MusicMakesMe)1597686880.0
Once again, a reminder: The postmaster general can be indicted, impeached, and removed.
@RepKatiePorter Looking forward to it. https://t.co/po2GRlPnBt— Xana Blu 🌊🗽 #BidenHarris2020 (@Xana Blu 🌊🗽 #BidenHarris2020)1597687177.0
And some more.
@RepKatiePorter Congresswoman Katie Porter brings a bazooka to a knife fight. If I were Postmaster General Louis De… https://t.co/dnZahF5ExP— Russell Drew (@Russell Drew)1597691708.0
Next Monday cannot come fast enough.
@RepKatiePorter YES! Rep. Porter does NOT mess around. https://t.co/NHVqvRYxA2— Joe Yeah! (@Joe Yeah!)1597689969.0
Our Democracy cannot wait.
- Watch: Rep. Katie Porter slams Steve Mnuchin for 'play-acting' as a lawyer - Alternet.org ›
- Rep. Katie Porter 'pulls back the curtain' on McConnell's COVID stimulus sabotage: 'This must be exposed' - Alternet.org ›
- USPS releases DeJoy calendar that is 'almost entirely redacted' — months after AOC demand and federal suit - Alternet.org ›
- Rep. Porter releases 'bombshell report' revealing how Big Pharma pursues 'killer profits' at the expense of Americans' health - Alternet.org ›
- Louis DeJoy is plotting more moves to destroy the Postal Service — he must be stopped - Alternet.org ›
- Katie Porter -- one of Congress’ only single moms -- has a plan to help caregivers - Alternet.org ›
- 'I will not be lectured': Fireworks erupt in House hearing over embattled Postmaster General DeJoy - Alternet.org ›