Jerry Falwell Jr. apologized to ‘everybody’ for bizarre yacht photo — and says mystery women is his wife’s assistant
Liberty University President Jerry Falwell, Jr. says he has apologized to “everybody” after posting – then deleting – a disturbing photo showing him on a yacht with his arm around a woman he now says is his wife’s assistant, and in a state of undress that one of his students says would lead to a fine or expulsion.
NCRM found no public apology.
Falwell, Jr. called in to Virginia radio station WLNI on Wednesday, and was asked about the image.
wut is happening https://t.co/8iEOr9EeRQ— Robert Downen ($8 blue checkmark) (@Robert Downen ($8 blue checkmark)) 1596426987
“You know it was weird, cause she was, she’s pregnant, she couldn’t get her pants up, and I was, trying to like – my, I had on a pair of jeans I haven’t worn in a long time so I couldn’t get mine zipped either,” the president of one of the world’s largest Christian universities says on-air.
“And so I just put my belly – I just put my belly out like hers, and it was just, um, she’s my wife’s assistant and she’s a sweetheart. I should never have put it up and embarrassed her because, um, anyway, I’ve apologized to everybody and I promised my kids, I’m gonna try to be a good boy from here on out.”
At the end of the very short segment he mumbles something about it being a “costume party” and “just in good fun.”
The audio can be heard below or here.
On social media some are questioning if he was intoxicated.
Also, is it just me or does Jerry Falwell Jr. sound drunk in this interview? https://t.co/BHy36LcEVc— Christian Nightmares (@Christian Nightmares) 1596651369
Jerry Falwell, Jr. inadvertently explains why he posed for an Instagram photo with his pants unzipped (with a young… https://t.co/hJYAaixNrP— Mrs. Betty Bowers (@Mrs. Betty Bowers) 1596653689
Falwell calling into a radio station day drunk hammered. https://t.co/tigkalAxRd— Ellie (@Ellie) 1596654005
Drunk Falwell Jr: BUT HER EMAILSHSSS! https://t.co/FIvCv6wrS8— Britton Turner (@Britton Turner) 1596654557
Hat tip: Christian Nightmares
- Disgraced Liberty U president Jerry Falwell Jr. is on a redemption tour -- hoping to make 'a comeback' - Alternet.org ›
- Liberty University sues Jerry Falwell, Jr. for 'at least $30 million in damages' over sex scandal: report - Alternet.org ›
- 'I have done nothing wrong': Marjorie Taylor Greene refuses to apologize after Kevin McCarthy's rebuke - Alternet.org ›
- Jerry Falwell Jr.: I had no responsibility to tell Liberty University about my personal life - Alternet.org ›
- Ukrainian sailor 'partially sinks' Russian arms exporter's nearly $8 million yacht - Alternet.org ›