Fox News' Chris Wallace calls Rush Limbaugh a hypocrite to his face: ‘You were outraged’ over Obama’s executive actions
In an interview with Rush Limbaugh on Sunday, Fox News host Chris Wallace suggested that the conservative radio talker is a hypocrite when it comes to his views on presidents trying to circumvent the will of Congress.
Wallace noted on his Fox News Sunday program that Limbaugh had attacked President Barack Obama’s use of executive actions, but the radio host applauded President Donald Trump for using a national emergency to build a wall on the southern border against the wishes of Congress.
“I want to ask you about the game you say we play in Washington,” Wallace said. “Because the fact is when President Obama took executive actions, you were outraged. And as you would expect, I’ve got a couple of examples.”
Wallace reminded Limbaugh that he accused Obama of flushing the Constitution “down the toilet” when he took executive action to defer the prosecution of immigrants who were brought to the U.S. as children.
“I understand that you like what President Trump is doing,” Wallace acknowledged. “And you didn’t like President Obama was doing. But that’s the concern here, is that to the degree that you give the president more and more powers, yes, you are going to get some things — executive powers — from one president you like, but you’re going to get things — executive powers — from another president that you don’t like.”
Limbaugh paused before answering: “You may look at it that way. I don’t. I look at it, right and wrong. And what Obama was doing was furthering this existing problem and politicizing this using whatever executive powers he wanted to use.”
Watch the video clip below.
- Poisoning of the public mind: The dark legacy Rush Limbaugh leaves behind - Alternet.org ›
- Limbaugh's 15 million listeners are now in the conservative wilderness -- where will they go now? - Alternet.org ›
- Chris Wallace nails Roy Blunt for GOP spending hypocrisy: 'Haven't you lost your credibility' on the deficit? - Alternet.org ›
- Chris Wallace said Biden's speech will be 'popular' among Americans — and Meghan McCain’s husband wasn’t happy - Alternet.org ›
- 'Children in Louisiana are in poverty': Chris Wallace busts GOP senator for opposing child care bill - Alternet.org ›
- 'It's a big lie': Chris Wallace challenges GOPer for refusing to say election wasn't 'stolen' - Alternet.org ›
- 'Like drinking bleach': Former Obama adviser derails Fox News segment attacking Biden's COVID response - Alternet.org ›
- 'You're putting country above party?' Chris Wallace calls out Roy Blunt's 'honesty' on Jan. 6 commission - Alternet.org ›
- 'Bipartisanship isn't working': Chris Wallace busts Lindsey Graham lying about Joe Manchin's voting bill - Alternet.org ›
- Chris Wallace shuts down Fox host for suggesting Biden officials are not communicating enough - Alternet.org ›