Trump makes first public speech after criminal indictment in docs case
Donald Trump on Saturday is scheduled to speak in Georgia, the first live event he has held since he became the first former president to be hit with a federal indictment.
Trump was indicted on 37 counts in connection with classified documents stored at Mar-a-Lago. He has since then claimed in social media posts that the indictment, which includes charges under the Espionage Act, is a "witch hunt."
Upon arrival in Georgia, U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) greeted him as he departed the plane, and falsely posted on Twitter that Trump won the state in 2020.
Watch the speech below or click this link.
LIVE: President Donald J Trump to Speak at the Georgia GOP Conference Meeting - 6/10/23www.youtube.com
- Bombshell revelation of Trump election texts 'more damning' than his Georgia phone call: legal analyst ›
- Eight fake Trump electors accept immunity deal in Georgia criminal investigation: report ›
- Georgia DA expected to 'go big' with Trump indictment ›
- 'What you’re saying just doesn’t make sense': CNN's Bash cuts off Jim Jordan rant about Trump indictment - Alternet.org ›
- 'Public service announcement': Calls for violence worry experts before Trump arraignment - Alternet.org ›