Trump ridicules Chris Christie’s 'size' in bizarre Truth Social rant
Donald Trump slammed Chris Christie in a strange social media post Tuesday after the former New Jersey governor announced his candidacy in the 2024 race.
The former president in a post on his Truth Social website suggested that Christie has a “psychological problem” with “SIZE” and described his announcement speech as rambling.
“How many times did Chris Christie use the word SMALL?” Trump wrote.
“Does he have a psychological problem with SIZE? Actually, his speech was SMALL, and not very good. It rambled all over the place, and nobody had a clue of what he was talking about," he added.
“Hard to watch, boring, but that’s what you get from a failed Governor (New Jersey) who left office with a 7% approval rating and then got run out of New Hampshire. This time, it won’t be any different!”
For his part, Christie took aim at Trump during his announcement at Saint Anselm College.
Christie said he was running Because "the truth matters.”
“Donald Trump made us smaller by dividing us even further and pitting us one against the other," the candidate said.
The Associated Press reports that Christie, who "during his time as New Jersey’s governor established a reputation as a fighter with a knack for creating viral moments of confrontation, faces an uphill battle to the nomination in a party that remains closely aligned with the former president, despite Trump’s reelection loss in 2020 and Republicans’ poorer-than-expected showing in the 2022 midterm elections."
The former New Jersey governor is positioning himself as an alternative to Trump who's willing to engage with the former president.
“I’m not dumb. The way to win is to beat the guy who’s ahead. And so what would a campaign look like? A campaign would look like a direct frontal challenge to Donald Trump trying to return to the presidency,” Christie recently said in a podcast interview.
- 'Unluckiest SOB in the world': Chris Christie unloads on Donald Trump ›
- Chris Christie tells 'angry' Donna Brazile to 'calm down' about abortion rights ›
- 'He’s afraid': Chris Christie shines a spotlight on Trump’s greatest weakness ›
- 'Where and when do I get my reputation back?' Trump spirals after local DA closes property valuation probe - Alternet.org ›
- 'Like he’s some Adonis?' Christie remains unmoved by Trump weight jokes - Alternet.org ›
- Conservative ex-Georgia lt. gov calls for fellow Republicans to 'demonstrate our independence from Trump' - Alternet.org ›
- 'Thirsty hanger-on': Here’s the 'fatal error' Chris Christie made with his anti-Trump pivot - Alternet.org ›
- New Hampshire Democrats 'can’t get enough' of Chris Christie’s attacks on Trump: report - Alternet.org ›
- 'Biggest Loser': Conservative WSJ editorial board struggles to pick viable Trump alternative - Alternet.org ›