Trump whines Hunter Biden received 'traffic ticket instead of a death sentence': report
Former President Donald Trump went on yet another social media rant Tuesday, suggesting Hunter Biden should have received a "death sentence," Rolling Stone reports.
Trump's Truth Social rant comes after U.S. Rep. and GOP Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer's (R-Kentucky) "missing" whistleblower — Gal Luft — was indicted Monday "on charges including 'arms trafficking,' 'Iranian sanctions violations,' and 'conspir[ing] with others in an effort to act within the United States to advance the interests of the People’s Republic of China (China).'"
Hunter Biden was charged last month "for not paying income tax and for illegal possession of a firearm," according to The Washington Post, "and made a plea deal with the feds," that will likely help him avoid prison time.
The former president wrote, "Weiss is a COWARD, a smaller version of Bill Barr, who never had the courage to do what everyone knows should have been done. He gave out a traffic ticket instead of a death sentence. Because of the two Democrat Senators in Delaware, they got to choose and/or approve him. Maybe the judge presiding will have the courage and intellect to break up this cesspool of crime. The collusion and corruption is beyond description. TWO TIERS OF JUSTICE!"
Trump's criticism of Biden comes after he was twice-indicted and could face another in the coming months over his attempt to overturn the 2020 election in Georgia.
Comer and other Republicans have responded to the indictment’s release on Monday by pushing more conspiracies, specifically that the Justice Department is targeting the informant to protect the Bidens. 'It's just amazing the Department of Justice moves so quickly against some people,' Comer told Laura Ingraham on Fox News, adding that the “timing is always coincidental, according to the Democrats at the Department of Justice.” Rep. Nancy Mace (R-S.C.) added on Tuesday that the Justice Department is 'trying to silence our witness.'
Last week, Comer shared his interview with Newsmax via Twitter, writing, "Gal Luft, a very credible witness on Biden family corruption, provided incriminating evidence to six officials from the FBI and the DOJ in a meeting in Brussels in March 2019. We have no reason to believe the FBI & DOJ acted on this info. Americans deserve answers."
Rolling Stone's full report is available at this link (subscription required).
- Democrat trolls Jim Jordan over Hunter Biden plea deal freakout ›
- How MAGA Republicans’ Hunter Biden obsession underscores a 'deep psychological need': ex-Reagan speechwriter ›
- Trump dismisses Hunter Biden plea deal as a 'traffic tricket' ›
- 'Up is down': McCarthy claims DOJ indictment of House GOP 'informant' makes Hunter Biden case even 'stronger' - Alternet.org ›
- Raskin roasts GOP’s 'topsy-turvy world' of 'low-life characters like George Santos' and 'Donald Trump' - Alternet.org ›
- AOC alludes to Matt Gaetz sex trafficking probe during House Oversight hearing - Alternet.org ›
- Kevin McCarthy tells Hannity Biden family’s business is 'rising to the level of impeachment inquiry' - Alternet.org ›
- 'No collusion': Trump invokes stale defense and declares Biden 'a criminal' in Sunday Truth Social fit - Alternet.org ›
- 'Sentences can get awfully steep' if Trump becomes 'a multi-times convicted felon': former prosecutor - Alternet.org ›
- James Comer’s 'exaggerated' Biden corruption allegations have 'shriveled under scrutiny': report - Alternet.org ›
- This 2019 tweet exposes Kevin McCarthy’s 'in your face hypocrisy' on Biden impeachment - Alternet.org ›