Trump World files 'mammoth' legal motion to block Georgia grand jury evidence and demand DA's recusal
Attorneys for Donald Trump Monday morning filed a sweeping 483-page legal motion asking a Georgia court to block any report from the Fulton County special grand jury and any evidence the grand jury may find, and to force District Attorney Fani Willis to recuse in the investigation into his unlawful attempts to overturn the 2020 presidential election results in that state.
The Daily Beast's Jose Pagliery first reported the filing. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution also reports Trump's attorneys have filed the motion.
Lawfare Blog's Anna Bower, who has been covering the Fulton County case, calls the filing "mammoth."
The news comes just hours after reports District Attorney Willis could be considering RICO, or conspiracy and racketeering charges against Trump.
READ MORE: 'This Man Is a Criminal': George Conway Busts GOP's 'Completely Ridiculous' Trump Defense
This is a breaking news and developing story.
- Georgia Donald Trump grand jury may have evidence of perjury in potential RICO case: report ›
- Third Georgia phone call blows a hole in central Trump election tampering defense: legal analyst ›
- Donald Trump has reason to be afraid of indictment in Georgia case; his lies were bigger than anyone knew ›
- 'Donald Trump lied about it': Ari Melber spars with Trump's attorney over Georgia election loss ›
- Evidence suggests Trump 'deliberately' mislead his own attorneys: special counsel - Alternet.org ›