Watch: MSNBC panel roasts 'punk' Kevin McCarthy after Matt Gaetz tweets humiliating photo of him
During an appearance on MSNBC's "The Sunday Show," former Republican National Committee head couldn't contain his laughter at how Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL ) treated current House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) who is battling to become the House speaker after the midterm election handed the chamber over to the GOP.
The object of his amusement was Gaetz taking to Twitter after a recent GOP House caucus meeting and posting an unflattering picture of the presumptive Speaker and labeling him "Cavin' McCarthy."
According to Steele, McCarthy was being treated like a "punk" as he tried to assert himself as a leader in the party.
Speaking with host Jonathan Capehart, Steele laughed and said, "Everybody knows a punk when they see one. That's -- I'm sorry -- that's the tweet after the meeting?"
As the MSNBC panel dissolved into laughter, Steel continued, "No, you ain't got nothing, you hold nothing. You've got nothing, right?"
Continuing in that vein, he added, "Can I punk you in your face enough? Can I look at you and just go 'Man -- nah, I aint' going to deal with it, caving Kevin.' It's, it's the groveling. What type of leader do you think he's going to be if that's in your caucus? A member of your caucus thinks that about you?"
Watch below or at this link:
MSNBC 12 11 2022 11 08 25youtu.be
- Kevin McCarthy knew House Republicans would incite violence on January 6th: New York Times ›
- McCarthy refuses to remove Gaetz from committee overseeing DOJ despite clear conflict of interest ›
- 'It's just personal': Kevin McCarthy is sad because Matt Gaetz won't make him Speaker ›
- Kevin McCarthy supporters 'strike back' against far-right 'Never Kevin' Republicans: report - Alternet.org ›
- Republicans withholding speakership support from Kevin McCarthy cite 'past and ongoing GOP failures' - Alternet.org ›
- Nebraska Republican warns Matt Gaetz he'll work with Dems if he tanks Kevin McCarthy - Alternet.org ›
- Why did McCarthy say he wasn’t 'notified' a Santos staffer impersonated his chief of staff until 'later'? - Alternet.org ›
- Former RNC chair fact checks Tucker Carlson following his latest on-air rant - Alternet.org ›