'We own you': Morning Joe marvels at the 'bizarre dynamic' between McCarthy and Matt Gaetz
On Tuesday, September 12, House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-California) announced that he is pursuing an impeachment inquiry against President Joe Biden.
Joe Scarborough, the former GOP congressman and Never Trump conservative who hosts MSNBC's "Morning Joe," has been vehemently critical of McCarthy — arguing that he is going forward with an inquiry in order to appease the most extreme members of his caucus. And on "Morning Joe's" September 13 broadcast, Scarborough and his colleague Willie Geist cited Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Florida) as an example of a far-right MAGA Republican who blatantly disrespects McCarthy despite the speaker's pandering.
Geist told Scarborough, "It's beyond disrespect. It's: 'We own you. we made you speaker. So, if you don't do all these things we're telling you to do right now, we're going to vacate the chair — and you're out of your job.' It is a bizarre dynamic here. And still, still, no evidence presented, no definitive evidence, that Joe Biden had anything to do with all — this is all about Hunter Biden."
Scarborough agreed, telling Geist and "Morning Joe" co-host Mika Brzezinski, "They couldn't make the case, and they can't make the case now. I can make a case, though, for Kevin McCarthy. And that case is: Kevin, you need to tell people to go to hell."
The Never Trumper stressed that Gaetz is making McCarthy look "weak."
Scarborough argued, "We wouldn't allow our children to act that way…. It's astounding that (McCarthy is) that weak."
Watch the video below or at this link.
MSNBC 09 13 2023 06 03 30www.youtube.com
- McCarthy omitted 'context' that 'significantly undercuts' Biden impeachment: analysis ›
- Kevin McCarthy tells Hannity Biden family’s business is 'rising to the level of impeachment inquiry' ›
- This 2019 tweet exposes Kevin McCarthy’s 'in your face hypocrisy' on Biden impeachment ›
- Trump's bonkers plan to impeach Joe Biden ›
- 'Completely unverified': Even Fox News isn’t buying McCarthy’s rush to impeach Biden ›
- Schiff: McCarthy indulging GOP 'crazies' through 'potential abuse of the impeachment power' ›
- 'Matt is upset about an ethics complaint': Rep. Gaetz smacked down by Speaker McCarthy - Alternet.org ›
- 'Trump was the gateway drug': How conservatives became a 'decisive' part of the Democratic coalition - Alternet.org ›