Marjorie Taylor Greene calls for 'serious criminal charges' against Liz Cheney over January 6th panel
Liz Cheney should face criminal charges for her role on the Jan. 6 House select committee, Marjorie Taylor Greene tweeted Tuesday.
The far-right congresswoman from Georgia alleges that Cheney influenced the testimony of a witness who presented damaging evidence against former President Donald Trump.
Cheney, a former Wyoming Republican congresswoman, served as co-chair of the committee investigating the former president’s role in fomenting the insurrection, and Greene said Cheney was “part of the act.”
The basis of Greene’s call for Cheney’s prosecution is a lawsuit filed by attorney Stefan Passantino, who initially represented former Trump White House staffer Cassidy Hutchinson.
Passantino late last year took a leave of absence from the law firm Michael Best & Friedrich amid allegations he advised Hutchinson to mislead the committee, Bloomberg Law reports.
“Cassidy Hutchinson was part of the act and Liz Cheney should face serious criminal charges,” Greene tweeted.
“The J6 Witch Hunt Committee and their propagandists in the media peddled the huge myth that Cassidy Hutchinson was being “pressured” by her attorney Stefan Passantino to support Trump. This was a lie.”
“This is a major violation (illegal even) against attorney-client privilege.
“Liz Cheney, Adam Schiff, and others should be dragged in front of Congress and be made to answer.”
- Kimberly Guilfoyle once praised Liz Cheney as an an ally — before Trumpworld branded her an ‘apostate’ ›
- Liz Cheney smacks down Marjorie Taylor Greene for advocating secession ›
- Even arch-conservative Liz Cheney is now too liberal for some GOP extremists ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene whines again about New Yorkers: 'We don't treat people that way in the South!' - Alternet.org ›
- 'Dereliction of duty': Cheney Targets 'unfit' Trump in damning ad ahead of controversial town hall - Alternet.org ›