'They booed him': Lindsey Graham taunted by South Carolina Trump rally crowd
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) got a rough welcome in his home state on Saturday when he tried to address a crowd in Pickens, S.C., that showed up to see former president Donald Trump speak at an early July 4th celebration.
According to the Greenville News, "Graham, from nearby Oconee County, said he was going to help Trump win the 2024 general election and even pointed out that he was part of the Senate Judiciary Committee that helped bolster the Supreme Court’s conservative sheen," and then added, "Despite that, the crowd remained unmoved and the booing continued for just over six minutes of Graham's remarks."
In videos posted to Twitter — which you can see below —the South Carolina senator gamely smiled and waved to the crowd while repeatedly saying "thank you" that did little to quell the crowd's displeasure.
According to a commentator from Right Side Broadcasting Network which was there to stream the event and the former president's speech live, "I think one of the most noteworthy things that we witnessed was the booing of Lindsey Graham."
"The crowd booed him when he arrived and they booed him when he left," she continued. "At no point did they really cheer for him. I think that was probably a pretty painful thing for him. At one point they even started chanting 'Traitor.' They seem to indicate that they really don't like his voting and he is not in line with the people."
The commentator also added, "The people of South Carolina really did not like him."
You can watch some videos below or at the link.
- 'Lindsey Graham is not well': Senator mocked for deflecting to Hillary Clinton in off-the-rails ABC interview ›
- 'Where did he go to law school?' Prosecutor destroys Lindsey Graham’s defense of Trump ›
- A Fox host throws Lindsey Graham under the bus as he struggles to keep his Senate seat ›
- 'Did my due diligence': Graham again defends actions including pressuring Georgia to 'toss' ballots - Alternet.org ›
- 'Not done yet': Legal expert suggests Lindsey Graham can still face charges - Alternet.org ›
- 'You had no role': Ex-RNC chair blasts Lindsey Graham for thinking he had 'more clout' than GA senators - Alternet.org ›