'Leave us alone': Space Force spouse demands Tuberville end military blockade
Sarah Streyder, whose husband serves in the United States Space Force, is the executive director of the Secure Families Initiative, a non-profit that helps military families participate in democracy to benefit their communities. On Tuesday, Streyder shared how Senator Tommy Tuberville's (R-Alabama) ongoing blockade of Pentagon appointments and promotions is affecting American servicemembers.
"It can't be understated the immediate and long-lasting negative impact this has had on military families, I mean, families like mine," Streyder said. "We're scared. This has automatically made us look weaker on the global stage, and that makes servicemembers like my husband at higher risk of harm. There's a reason that you have military families, the loved ones of those who are actively serving this fired up about this issue because these are our futures and these are our immediate lives, and we're just asking the senator to leave us alone."
- Is Tuberville blocking military promotions so Trump can fill them with loyalists in 2025? ›
- Biden keeps Space Command in Colorado instead of Alabama as Tuberville blocks hundreds of military promotions ›
- 'Coward' Tommy Tuberville 'who’s never served' slammed by ex-Marine general: report ›
- 'Careers and lives are now in limbo' after Marine Corps and Army left without leadership: report - Alternet.org ›
- Defense secretary: Senator’s 'unprecedented' blockade sinking 'America’s military readiness' - Alternet.org ›
- 'No': Pentagon rejects Sinema’s 'middle ground' proposal to end Tuberville’s military blockade - Alternet.org ›
- 'Dangerous hold': Military secretaries urge Tuberville to stop 'politicizing' senior officers - Alternet.org ›
- Armed Forces leaders blast Tommy Tuberville in scathing op-ed - Alternet.org ›
- US military leader and experts accuse Tuberville of 'aiding and abetting communist regimes' - Alternet.org ›
- 'We're not a communist country': Tuberville explains why he's still blocking military promotions - Alternet.org ›
- Tuberville’s 300+ military holds will take 'years to recover': Top Biden Navy pick - Alternet.org ›