'Am I hallucinating?': Twitter swiftly reminds Trump 2024 GOP opponent of his party’s 'lock her up' chant
Former President Donald Trump's 2024 opponent and GOP activist, Vivek Ramaswamy, recently suggested during a speech, America is not a country that supports using "police force" to "arrest" and criminally charge "political opposition."
Ramaswamy was speaking at a conservative forum in Charleston, South Carolina, which South Carolina Republicans, 2024 GOP candidate Nikki Haley and potential GOP candidate, Sen. Tim Scott, also attended, according to The New York Times.
@Acyn posted a clip of Ramaswamy's appearance to Twitter, writing, "Ramaswamy: We should not want to live in a country where the party in power is able to use police force to arrest its political opposition."
READ MORE: Attorney Ty Cobb: Donald Trump indictment likely 'imminent'
Twitter lambasted the conservative's comment, considering the Republican Party has aimed to have former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton arrested for years now, by coining the motto "Lock her up!"
Brian Tyler Cohen: "Um, @VivekGRamaswamy, the motto of the party you're running to represent is literally 'lock her up.'"
Steward Beckam: "The right wing grifters insist on pretending nothing really bad happened during Trump's administration and it reinforces this snake oil brand of anti intellectualism they bathe in."
Kevin M. Kruse: "We should also not want to live in a country where political leaders are considered immune from prosecution for criminal acts."
READ MORE: How Donald Trump indictments are 'the only possible logical conclusion' of new DOJ brief: report
@FakeDawnSummers: "Lmao half of trump's 2016 campaign was locking up Hillary Clinton… am I hallucinating right now? What is happening"
@MplsStew: "We should not want to live in a country where some people are above the law."
@TheCorollary: "That's not what happening and they know it. This is such bad faith bullshit. They'd be for it in a minute if it was a dem."
Luke Zaleski: "This is the most obvious attempt to out-trump trump so far"
READ MORE: Watergate prosecutor: 'Strange' that Donald Trump was not indicted 'as soon as he left the presidency'
Matthew Neville: "Remember when Republicans were the party of law and order?"
Watch the video below or at this link.
READ MORE: Fox News anchor tells viewers Trump could be handcuffed if indicted
The New York Times' full report is available at this link.
- Why do the Republicans keep proving their 'semi-fascism'? ›
- 'We would have won': Marjorie Taylor Greene says Capitol rioters should have been fully 'armed' ›
- 'Trump has fallen victim to his own trick' as he faces the reality of prosecution: columnist ›
- Republicans are 'obstructing justice' and 'becoming accessories' to Trump’s 'crimes': ex-prosecutor - Alternet.org ›
- An indictment would be good — but only for Trump’s nomination - Alternet.org ›
- Why Donald Trump's 2024 presidential campaign is worse than his first two - Alternet.org ›
- 'He got the entire Republican Party to jump': Chuck Todd thinks Donald Trump's legal mess could sink him in 2024 ›
- Trump put the GOP’s 'worst nightmare' on display during latest campaign visit: NY Times reporter - Alternet.org ›
- 'Another anaphylactic response': GOP presidential candidates unfazed by Trump sexual assault verdict - Alternet.org ›
- GOP candidates 'don’t think they’ll have to beat Trump' because criminal prosecutions just might: CNN host ›