Watch: Kari Lake falsely claims that GOP Congressman Lee Zeldin was stabbed
Arizona Republican gubernatorial nominee Kari Lake told a whopper about United States Congressman Lee Zeldin, the GOP candidate for New York governor, during an appearance on Fox Business on Monday morning.
Lake claimed that "Lee Zeldin got stabbed while he was speaking to a crowd of people not all that long ago and it barely got any coverage" and that "panic is only coming from the left and they're only covering any attacks or, you know, situations that affect people who are Democrats. They are failing to recognize that the Republicans running I think are being attacked even more."
Back in July, an individual jumped onto a stage where Zeldin was giving a speech and attempted to stab the lawmaker. He failed.
"Zeldin was unhurt and his attacker arrested," Reuters noted at the time. "Zeldin pushed the suspect away before both men tumbled to the ground as several others tried to subdue the suspect."
Watch below or at this link.
\u201cLee Zeldin did not get stabbed. Jeez. This is just an outrageous lie from Kari Lake.\u201d— Aaron Rupar (@Aaron Rupar) 1667831423
- NY GOP gubernatorial candidate 'worried about a political element ... ›
- This blue state governor should be way ahead of her 'Trumpian' anti ... ›
- GOP candidate stumbles over his words when asked if Trump is a ... ›
- 'Selling the Big Lie': Reporter unloads on Kari Lake after her campaign ends in defeat - Alternet.org ›
- 'McCain Republicans vote too': Liz Cheney and Meghan McCain are savoring Kari Lake’s defeat - Alternet.org ›
- Elections lawyer mocks Kari Lake for claiming voter suppression after years of GOP efforts to stifle votes - Alternet.org ›
- 'Festering cabal': Kari Lake melts down at 'sham certification' as loss becomes official - Alternet.org ›