'Literally don't understand what that means': Pete Buttigieg buries MTG's bizarre attack on electric cars
Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg responded to fears of emasculation voiced by Rep. Majorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) during a Tuesday appearance on Fox News.
Fox News personality Neil Cavuto read a quote from Greene at a Michigan Trump rally where she also called for imprisoning her political enemies.
Cavuto quoted Greene as saying, "Mr. Buttigieg is trying to emasculate the way we drive" by supporting electric vehicles.
"What did you think of her wording?" Cavuto asked Buttigieg.
"I literally don't understand what that means," Buttigieg replied.
"I mean, my sense of manhood is not connected whether my vehicle is fueled by gasoline or whether it's fueled by electricity," he explained.
Cavuto asked if Buttigieg was "offended" by Greene's comments.
"Because even people who share her politics didn't share that view," the Fox host said.
"It was a strange thing to say," Buttigieg replied. "To be honest, there are other members of Congress that I pay more attention to when I'm think about opinions that really matter."
Watch the video below.
- Pete Buttigieg: 'I'm glad to have a president who can ride a bicycle ... ›
- Pete Buttigieg utterly destroys Fox News host for whining about ... ›
- 'Everything's true on the internet': Marjorie Taylor Greene boasts a ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s amendment to bar Biden from selling oil goes down in massive bipartisan defeat - Alternet.org ›
- Donald Trump Jr.: Pete Buttigieg only became transportation secretary because 'he's the gay guy' - Alternet.org ›
- Even Fox News admits Elaine Chao 'never' visited an accident as Buttigieg travels to East Palestine - Alternet.org ›