Marjorie Taylor Greene unleashes on Kevin McCarthy with chilling warning and post-election prediction
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) appears to be issuing a warning to House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.).
Speaking to the New York Times, the Georgia lawmaker also suggested that she expects to gain “a lot of power” in the House chamber if Republican lawmakers manage to regain control of the 2022 midterm elections, according to HuffPost.
Describing her as speaking in a "flat, unemotional voice," the Times quotes Greene as saying:
“I think that to be the best speaker of the House and to please the base, he’s going to give me a lot of power and a lot of leeway. And if he doesn’t, they’re going to be very unhappy about it. I think that’s the best way to read that. And that’s not in any way a threat at all. I just think that’s reality.”
Greene has been working to gain more of a voice in the chamber, HuffPost notes.
"Within the House Republican conference, McCarthy has assiduously courted her support, inviting her to high-level policy meetings (such as a discussion about the National Defense Authorization Act, which sets Department of Defense policy for the year) and, according to someone with knowledge of their exchanges, offering to create a new leadership position for her," The Times reports.
A spokesperson for McCarthy's office denies the claims about a possible offer being made for Greene.
“I don’t have to have a leadership position,” Greene told the newspaper. “I think I already have one, without having one.”
Greene's latest remarks follow her long history of circulating outlandish conspiracy theories. On multiple occasions, she's attempted to push theories about false flag operations. The lawmaker has also encouraged disruptive and disturbing social media posts calling for the murder of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.).
- Marjorie Taylor Greene tells Steve Bannon she plans to impeach ... ›
- 'Abomination': Marjorie Taylor Greene suggests pastor Raphael ... ›
- Texts reveal Marjorie Taylor Greene's efforts to 'overturn the 2020 ... ›
- Inside the Freedom Caucus’ 2-step scheme to sideline McCarthy’s speaker bid unless he agrees to their demands - Alternet.org ›
- Pandering to 'the lowest common denominator': Democrats blast Kevin McCarthy over committee axings - Alternet.org ›
- Kevin McCarthy’s 'performative' planned Constitution stunt torn apart by law expert - Alternet.org ›