Watch: Herschel Walker says Raphael Warnock should debate Joe Biden six times in 23 seconds
The Republican Party’s nominee for a U.S. Senate seat in Georgia, Herschel Walker, desperate to change the focus from allegations he paid for several women’s abortions, abortions he allegedly urged them to obtain, now appears to be refusing to debate U.S. Senator Raphael Warnock – and instead thinks the Democrat he’s trying to unseat should debate the President of the United States.
In rambling remarks to far right wing podcaster Hugh Hewitt, the embattled Walker tried to link Sen. Warnock to President Biden – who won Georgia in 2020 – by repeating “Joe Biden” six times in 23 seconds
“They haven’t talked about a second debate. I think if anything the person you need debating is Joe Biden,” Walker said.
“He needs to debate Joe Biden because when Joe Biden decided to raise our taxes,” Walker claimed falsely. “all he did was sit by and didn’t say anything.”
(Numerous fact checkers say President Biden kept his pledge to not raise taxes on anyone making under $400,000 a year, and would make corporations “pay their fair share.”)
“When Joe Biden decided to leave this border wide open all he did was sit back and didn’t say anything,” another falsehood — the border is neither wide open nor did Biden make any decision to “leave it wide open,” which implies it was open under Donald Trump.)
“So I think the Georgia people love to see him debate Joe Biden so we can see whether he’s fighting for us or whether he’s with Joe Biden.”
Watch below or at this link.
\u201cHerschel Walker (R) says Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-GA) should debate President Biden instead of having a second Senate debate.\u201d— The Recount (@The Recount) 1667229377
- Herschel Walker said states 'can just stop all' same-sex marriages ... ›
- 'I'm not that smart': Herschel Walker sets low expectations ahead of ... ›
- 'Not a prop': Herschel Walker flashes new 'honorary' police badge ... ›
- 'We need a runner': Atlanta pastor goes viral with blistering sermon condemning Herschel Walker - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: Herschel Walker falsely claims canceling the Keystone pipeline is the 'biggest threat to democracy' - Alternet.org ›