'Disturbing': Ben Shapiro tears into Kanye West's conservative defenders amid antisemitism controversy
Ben Shapiro is pushing back against conservatives who are in support of rapper Kanye West amid his latest social media rant targeting Jewish people.
According to Mediaite, the controversy surrounding the Yeezus rapper came as a result of an anti-Semitic tweet he posted that ultimately led to his Twitter account being suspended.
“I’m a bit sleepy tonight," West tweeted, "but when I wake up I’m going death con 3 On JEWISH PEOPLE The funny thing is I actually can’t be Anti Semitic because black people are actually Jew also You guys have toyed with me and tried to black ball anyone whoever opposes your agenda.”
After taking a break from social media in observance of Jewish holidays, Shapiro took to social media to weigh in on West's remarks. According to Shapiro, the rapper's behavior is quite "disturbing."
“Back from the Jewish holiday now. As usual, two things can be true at once: Kanye’s moves toward pro-life, faith, and family conservatism are encouraging; his “death con 3″ posts and Black Hebrew Israelite language are clearly anti-Semitic and disturbing,” Shapiro tweeted.
Shapiro's remarks come days after The Daily Wire's Candace Owens also shared relatively troubling remarks echoing West's perspective.
Owens, expounded on her arguments, saying, “You did not think that he wrote this tweet because he hates or wants to genocide Jewish people. This does not represent the beginning of a Holocaust.
"That’s if you’re an honest person, you’ll admit that, right? If you’re an honest person, when you read this tweet, you had no idea what the hell he was talking about. I had no idea, when I read this tweet, what the hell he was talking about.”
The Blaze's Jason Whitlock also chimed in to tweet his perspective. “Kanye West and Dave Chappelle, is there a pattern? The industry wants both of them canceled. Black rappers and comedians are free to denigrate black people and white men a million different ways. But there’s a line they better not cross. And everybody knows it.”
- Senate battle over same-sex marriage could hinge on two ... ›
- Ben Shapiro defends Elon Musk's tweet comparing Justin Trudeau ... ›
- Ben Shapiro calls on Supreme Court to 'unwind' same-sex marriage ... ›
- Donald Trump says American Jews 'have to get their act together' - Alternet.org ›
- Trump huddles with Kanye West in phone call after Parler announcement: report - Alternet.org ›
- 'Full on freaked out': Fox News leaders furious over who leaked Kanye West rant from unaired footage - Alternet.org ›
- 'Welcome to hell': Top tech news website says Elon Musk made a huge mistake - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: Ben Shapiro and Matt Walsh invoke Martians in wildly inaccurate rant against same-sex marriage - Alternet.org ›