Trump delivers fiery rant after DOJ challenges his special master review request
As the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) pushes to block the special master review of documents confiscated from Mar-a-Lago by the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), former President Donald Trump has made it clear he is not pleased.
According to Newsweek, Trump insisted that the FBI and DOJ's actions are an example of corruption and crime.
"So now the FBI & Biden Department of 'Justice' leakers are going to spend Millions of Dollars, & vast amounts of Time & Energy, to appeal the Order on the 'Raid of Mar-a-Lago Document Hoax,' by a brilliant and courageous Judge whose words of wisdom rang true throughout our Nation, instead of fighting the record setting corruption and crime that is taking place right before their very eyes," Trump said.
The news outlet also noted that Trump shared a follow-up post where he "rehashed his long-running grievances with federal law enforcement agencies, accusing them of leaking information, lying and planting 'fake evidence.'"
Shortly after reports began circulating about the DOJ's appeal, the former president took to Truth Social with a fiery rant expressing his disapproval of the justice department's intent on appealing the judge's decision.
On Thursday, September 8, the DOJ filed a motion in hopes of appealing U.S. District Court Judge Aileen Cannon's approval of a special master request from Trump's legal team.
That request would grant Trump the opportunity to have a special arbiter review the documents in an effort to "sort out personal materials or documents covered by attorney-client or executive privilege that were mixed in with other documents seized from his Florida home."
With the appeal notice, the DOJ and FBI included statements about their request. The DOJ requested that the judge temporarily halt her order allowing the review of the documents arguing that it "will cause the most immediate and serious harms to the government and the public."
Alan Kohler Jr., assistant director of Counterintelligence for the FBI, also released a statement. Per the news outlet, Kohler said, "the FBI needs to conduct a review of which documents are classified to determine the potential harm to national security if information was disclosed."
- Trump-nominated judge announces intent to appoint a special ... ›
- Florida judge grants Donald Trump's request for a special master to ... ›
- Team Trump's special master request 'all but moot' after DOJ reveals ... ›
- DOJ 'has the upper hand' no matter who is selected as Trump's special master: legal expert - Alternet.org ›
- Legal expert blasts Trump: 'Kidnapped our national security and is holding it hostage' - Alternet.org ›
- 'Out-maneuvered' Trump lawyers’ 'desperation' is showing in latest filing: legal expert - Alternet.org ›
- 'So unfortunate': Maria Bartiromo and GOP congressman attack Trump’s special master pick in documents probe - Alternet.org ›
- Team Trump refuses special master's order to list which Mar-a-Lago documents Trump 'declassified' - Alternet.org ›
- Analysis highlights how Trump’s request for a special master review could backfire - Alternet.org ›
- Trump’s delay tactics pushed special master to respond with a 'master stroke' that helps the DOJ - Alternet.org ›