Fox News guest calls Mar-a-Lago search 'a preemptive coup'
Moments after news broke that the Federal Bureau of Investigation had executed a search warrant at former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida on Monday, Fox News pundits claimed that the raid was a politically-motivated hit to prevent Trump from getting reelected in 2024.
"You're going into the home of a presidential candidate. He hasn't announced yet but everybody assumes he's running for president. This is after they want after his campaign with wiretaps and other federal investigative raids. This is insane," host Jesse Watters said on Primetime.
Watters' guest, an ex-Central Intelligence Agency officer named Buck Sexton, responded: "it almost feels like a preemptive coup. We've heard so much about the insurrection and the coup, but this is preventing, this is meant to prevent Donald Trump from being able to run again."
READ MORE: FBI executes search warrant at Mar-a-Lago
Watch below or at this link.
- Trump was 'waving documents from the boxes' at Mar-a-Lago: report ... ›
- Trump's move to Mar-a-Lago handed New York prosecutors a huge ... ›
- White House docs were stored in Trump's personal Mar-a-Lago ... ›
- Mar-a-Lago search an 'extraordinary escalation' of Donald Trump criminal probe: CNN - Alternet.org ›
- 'Trust the plan': QAnon conspiracy theorists believe Mar-a-Lago search will benefit Trump - Alternet.org ›
- Trump to face deposition in NY AG's financial probe - Alternet.org ›
- 'Mistrust and paranoia': Trump loyalists accuse aides of 'flipping' after FBI’s Mar-a-Lago search - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News shuts down House GOP leader's 'word salad' defense of Donald Trump's FBI attacks - Alternet.org ›