Donald Trump calls nuclear documents report a 'hoax' by 'sleazy people' in typo-riddled Truth Social rant
Former President Donald Trump has responded to Thursday night's report in The Washington Post that the Federal Bureau of Investigation recovered "classified documents relating to nuclear weapons" and "special access programs" during its execution of a search warrant at Trump's Mar-a-Lago beach house in Palm Beach, Florida on Monday.
United States Attorney General Merrick Garland announced on Thursday afternoon that the Department of Justice filed a motion to unseal the warrant and property receipt and that he had "personally approved" of the warrant request.
Late Thursday night, Trump called for the "immediate release" of the warrant and inventory list. On Friday morning, Trump claimed in a typo-filled rant on his Twitter knockoff app Truth Social that the Washington Post's revelations were a "hoax" and suggested that "sleazy people" were out to get him. He also peddled a conspiracy theory that the FBI was "planting information" to damage him:
Nuclear weapons issue is a Hoax, just like Russia, Russia, Russia was a Hoax, two Impeachments were a Hoax, the Mueller investigation was a Hoax, and much more. Same sleazy people involved. Why wouldn’t the FBI allow the inspection of areas at Mar-a-Lago with our lawyer’s, or others, present. Made them wait outside in the heat, wouldn’t let them get even close - said 'ABSOLUTELY NOT.' Planting information anyone? Reminds me of a Christofer [sic] Steele Dossier!
READ MORE: FBI agents searched Mar-a-Lago for 'classified documents relating to nuclear weapons': report
Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart of the Southern District of Florida, who approved the warrant, is expected to rule on Friday afternoon.
- Experts dare Donald Trump to share search warrant - Alternet.org ›
- Donald Trump compares FBI search to Watergate - Alternet.org ›
- Merrick Garland's case against Donald Trump is probably airtight ... ›
- Trump's Truth Social comments about Mar-a-Lago search will come back to haunt him: former prosecutor - Alternet.org ›
- Mar-a-Lago nuke docs make it 'almost impossible' for Donald Trump to escape charges: legal expert - Alternet.org ›
- 'Perfect physical specimen' Donald Trump says FBI stole medical records that show he is 'very healthy' - Alternet.org ›
- 'A ménage à treason': Stephen Colbert blasts Trump for storing 'top-secret' nuclear documents at Mar-a-Lago - Alternet.org ›
- Why right-wingers refuse to see the truth even in plain sight - Alternet.org ›
- Donald Trump's 'hoax' claim defeated: Investigation into Russia probe origins ends with acquittal - Alternet.org ›