'Hot-blooded, contentious, deranged': J6 hearing to reveal details about 'craziest meeting in Trump presidency'
Tuesday’s televised public hearing held by the U.S. House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack will include details about former President Donald Trump’s “hot-blooded, contentious, deranged” meeting late last year, Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD) told NBC News.
Committee members were told by a witness Raskin has yet to name that a December 18, 2020 meeting was “the craziest meeting in the Trump presidency.”
Rep. Raskin described “it as ‘hot-blooded, contentious, deranged’ when the president met with outside and internal legal advisers for a ‘Hail Mary desperation ploy’ to subvert an election they had lost, including possibly seizing state election machines and appointing Trump ally Sidney Powell as a special counsel,” NBC adds.
Raskin, a former constitutional law professor who lead the second Trump impeachment, is also leading Tuesday afternoon’s hearing, along with Rep. Stephanie Murphy (D-FL).
Raskin also revealed that former Trump White House Counsel Pat Cipollone, who testified before the Committee last week, “corroborated almost everything that we’ve learned from the prior hearings.”
“I certainly did not hear him contradict Cassidy Hutchinson,” Raskin also said. “He had the opportunity to say whatever he wanted to say, so I didn’t see any contradiction there.”
Tuesday’s hearing, the seventh the Committee has held, is scheduled to begin at 1:00 PM ET.
Watch live below or at this link.
January 6th Committee Seventh Public Hearingwww.youtube.com
- Next Jan. 6 hearing to focus on links between Trump allies and ... ›
- Trump continues to build the Jan. 6 committee's case against him ... ›
- GOP congressman dumps Trump after watching Jan. 6 hearings ... ›
- Watch Live: January 6th panel holds hearing on Donald Trump’s 187-minute insurrection inaction - Alternet.org ›
- History lecturer explains how the GOP agenda could be even more extreme under a second Trump term - Alternet.org ›