Kimberly Guilfoyle once praised Liz Cheney as an an ally — before Trumpworld branded her an ‘apostate’
Although San Francisco native Kimberly Guilfoyle was once married to one of the most prominent Democrats on the West Coast — California Gov. and former San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom — she has since become a prominent, highly visible figure in the Republican Party, Trumpworld and the MAGA movement. The 53-year-old Guilfoyle is engaged to Donald Trump, Jr., and she has been in the headlines a great deal during the series of public hearings being presented by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s select committee on the January 6, 2021 insurrection.
Guilfoyle, during the hearings, has been on the media’s radar for everything from her speech at former President Donald Trump’s “Stop the Steal” rally the day of the insurrection to her communications with Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming in 2020.
When 2020 ended, Cheney was still the third-highest-ranking Republican in the U.S. House of Representatives. But after the January 6 insurrection, Cheney forcefully condemned then-President Trump, pushed for his impeachment, and make it abundantly clear that she considered Joe Biden’s victory perfectly legitimate. Cheney and Pelosi have become unlikely allies on the January 6 committee, and the arch-conservative congresswoman is now considered a heretic by former President Trump and his many sycophants.
Politico’s Betsy Woodruff Swan, in an article published on June 16, reports that an April 30, 2020 e-mail from Guilfoyle shows that she once considered Cheney an important ally. Guilfoyle, who chaired the Trump Victory Finance Committee at the time, told Cheney, “I wanted to start off by saying a big thank you for your $10,000 contribution to DJTFP and for your continued support for the President. I apologize for not being able to join the call yesterday with you and our RNC Co-Chair, Tommy Hicks. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything!”
\u201cIt reads like a time capsule from an alternate universe: Kimberly Guilfoyle, a card-carrying Trump World insider, heaping praise upon Rep. Liz Cheney for helping the former president\u2019s reelection\n\nhttps://t.co/fiXgsxDWa0\u201d— POLITICO (@POLITICO) 1655379010
Guilfoyle also told Cheney that she had been “selected for” her “role” as “congressional co-captain” for the Trump Victory Finance Committee because of “your leadership and respect among your GOP colleagues.”
Guilfoyle had a very friendly tone with Cheney in that e-mail. Now, the Trump family is hoping to oust her from Congress via a GOP congressional primary in Wyoming.
“One year after that note,” Swan observes, “Cheney’s condemnation of Trump’s handling of his loss would drive her from House GOP leadership and make her persona non grata with much of her party. Guilfoyle’s effusive note, in hindsight, highlights just how quickly and dramatically Trump opposition can turn a leading conservative from power broker to apostate.”
Guilfoyle was allegedly paid $60,000 for her speech at the “Stop the Steal” rally on January 6, 2021. Rep. Zoe Lofgren of California, who is part of the January 6 select committee, told CNN’s Jake Tapper that she received that amount for a mere “two and a half minutes.”
\u201cKimberly Guilfoyle was paid $60,000 speaking fee for Ellipse rally intro, Jan. 6 committee member says https://t.co/EE1pRvQ56W\u201d— Jake Tapper (@Jake Tapper) 1655179279
According to the Washington Post, Guilfoyle was paid that amount by Turning Point Action.
Lofgren told Tapper, “We know that Guilfoyle was paid for the introduction she gave at the speech on January 6. She received compensation for that. I'm not saying it's a crime, but I'm saying it's grift."
- Texts reveal Kimberly Guilfoyle bragging directing millions to the ... ›
- Jan. 6 committee interviews Trump finance chair Kimberly Guilfoyle ... ›
- Right-wing organization paid Kimberly Guilfoyle's $60,000 Stop the ... ›
- MAGA v. McConnell: Why Kimberly Guilfoyle is going after the GOP leader - Alternet.org ›
- Swooning liberals beware: Liz Cheney had no problem with Donald Trump until the attempted coup - Alternet.org ›
- Gavin Newsom pushes national Democrats to turn up the heat in culture-war battles: report - Alternet.org ›
- 'She knows it wasn't stolen': Liz Cheney dares Donald Trump-backed primary challenger to put up or shut up - Alternet.org ›
- Liz Cheney schools Fox News host after he goes to bat for 'indefensible' fake Trump electors scheme - Alternet.org ›
- Trump documentary filmmaker sheds light on the odd dynamic between Eric Trump and Don Jr. - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene calls for 'serious criminal charges' against Liz Cheney over January 6th panel - Alternet.org ›
- 'Dereliction of duty': Cheney Targets 'unfit' Trump in damning ad ahead of controversial town hall - Alternet.org ›
- 'In the junkyard': Kimberly Guilfoyle predicts DeSantis will get 'damaged badly' in 2024 race - Alternet.org ›
- Liz Cheney reminds Republican colleagues their 'dishonor will remain' long after 'Trump is gone' - Alternet.org ›