The 'I'm a moron card': Donald Trump Jr. ridiculed for hawking 'Trump Gold Cards' that resemble Nazi papers
Donald Trump Jr. released a video on Monday in which he encouraged his dad's votaries to purchase "Gold Cards" emblazoned with former President Donald Trump's name if they want to prove that they are true believers in his undeclared 2024 presidential campaign.
The cards are being peddled by Trump's Save America Political Action Committee. According to Business Insider, critics of the card have noted that its various designs bear resemblance to the Kennkarte that was issued by Nazi Germany under the Third Reich.
(Trump Gold Card screengrab/@RightWingWatch/Twitter).
Nazi Kennkarte (Global War Museum).
Other iterations display eagles or Trump's smiling face.
Trump Gold Card (Business Insider).
A previous version that was introduced last year misspelled the word "official."
Red and Gold Trump Card (The Independent).
In any case, Junior was adamant in his promotional post that Trump's fans only count if they waste their money on a card that has no tangible economic value. Suggested donations start at $45.
"Donald Trump Jr. here. I'm reaching out today because we're about to finalize our Trump Gold Card membership roster and I wanted to give you one last chance to be a part of history with us," Junior said speedily.
"Gold Card members are made up of my father's most reliable supporters and I know you'll be disappointed if you're not on the team. When you join, we'll even send you a personalized Trump Gold Card. It'll drive the libs crazy," Junior brooded. "So please, activate your membership today before it's too late. See you soon."
Watch below via Right Wing Watch:
Donald Trump Jr. is urging people to hurry up and sign up for (i.e., buy) a "Trump Gold Card" because "it'll drive the libs crazy."pic.twitter.com/5hsq1OZHJm— Right Wing Watch (@Right Wing Watch) 1651513109
Twitter easily mocked Junior's message as nothing more than another gilded grift.
The grift they are pulling on the American people is sickening.— L. Ron Howard (@L. Ron Howard) 1651513188
I don't really speak for the libs but in this one case, I'll make an exception...\n\n...feel free to burn any/all of the cash you have on this scam, no one will hold it against you— Joe Cardillo (@Joe Cardillo) 1651513326
How the hell can anyone listen to this nonsense and not know they're being conned?— Tweets By Christians (@Tweets By Christians) 1651513388
bud, it's not even a credit card.pic.twitter.com/qA4JfIinBh— david doguet (@david doguet) 1651515647
"Wanna drive your liberal friends crazy? Send me money. That'll show 'em!" \n\nThey're not even hiding the grift anymore.— Spacefoo (@Spacefoo) 1651514080
Some said that the card is the Fyre Festival of politics.
Magnisus 2.0. Are they also going to hold a Luxury Music Festival in an island in the Bahamas too?— Four Seasons Total Landscaping (@Four Seasons Total Landscaping) 1651518010
Others joked that "give me your money to own the libs" is quite a strategy...
"Give me your money to own the libs"— Julius Hans-J\u00fcrgen\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6\ud83d\udc89\ud83d\ude37\ud83c\uddea\ud83c\uddfa (@Julius Hans-J\u00fcrgen\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6\ud83d\udc89\ud83d\ude37\ud83c\uddea\ud83c\uddfa) 1651513183
Paying for this gold card is just dumb, but you do you...you're not owning anybody by believing in this crap...— jmcpug \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\uddf8 \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6 \ud83c\udf3b (@jmcpug \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\uddf8 \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6 \ud83c\udf3b) 1651521959
The \u201cl\u2019m a Moron\u201d card is an amazing grift! There would be no reason to ever take it except to show others who probably purchased the same.— Jesse Beveridge (@Jesse Beveridge) 1651525013
... and is definitely not indicative of being in a cult.
fun fact: there's no such thing as a "Biden Gold Card" because people who voted for Joe Biden aren't in a cult— Jeff Tiedrich (@Jeff Tiedrich) 1651517362
@bdonny1324 don't disappoint The Donald, btw, this doesn't seem like a cult or anything..— Josh (@Josh) 1651514370
- My meeting with Donald Trump: A damaged, pathetic personality ... ›
- Trump uses official presidential seal to promote his newly renovated ... ›
- 'Really rich' billionaire Donald Trump hocking supporters to pay for ... ›
- 'Pendejo' Donald Trump Jr. pilloried for lamenting that his father's plan to bomb Mexico never happened - Alternet.org ›
- Junior throws a bizarre hissy fit at POTUS over baby formula shortages and American aid to 'the Ukraine' - Alternet.org ›
- 'Is he okay?': Questions emerge about Donald Trump Jr.'s wellbeing following ballistic video tantrum - Alternet.org ›
- 'Repulsive attempt to score points': Trump Jr.’s call to fire public school 'critical race theory' teachers mocked - Alternet.org ›
- Documentary shows Trump ranting that Kemp and Raffensperger are cowards and 'stupid people': filmmaker - Alternet.org ›
- Trump documentary filmmaker sheds light on the odd dynamic between Eric Trump and Don Jr. - Alternet.org ›
- Don Trump Jr. and Eric accused of 'asking for a handout' from struggling social media start-up - Alternet.org ›
- 'There wasn't enough insurrection': Donald Trump Jr. suggests DNC and RNC pipebomber was a hoax ›
- Donald Trump Jr. personally approved sketchy loan now being probed as Russian money laundering - Alternet.org ›