Georgia prosecutor has the goods on Trump to prove election 'criminal intent': former US Attorney
Appearing on MSNBC's "The Katie Phang Show," former U.S. Attorney Joyce Vance explained that Georgia prosecutor Fani Willis has a leg up on other investigations into Donald Trump's attempts to steal the 2020 presidential election when it comes to proving the former president knew he was breaking the law.
Asked by MSNBC host Phang what happens now that over 50 witnesses have been subpoenaed, Vance made the point that Willis has a key piece of evidence that could lead to criminal charges.
"She [Willis] is looking into several possible crimes, including fraud and racketeering. What does she need to present to the special grand jury in order to get the indictment returned against Donald Trump?" the MSNBC host asked.
"She'll need what everyone else who is investigating the former president's involvement in election fraud or outright election criminality, and that is proof of the former president's state of mind," Vance replied. "Fani Willis has got a good case walking in the door to that grand jury because she has the tape that you just played where he [Trump] is asking not for an investigation into potential voting fraud, not for a look to see if something went wrong. but asking the [Georgia] secretary of state [Brad Raffensperger] to find the specific number of votes that he needs."
"That is pretty good evidence of criminal intent walking into it," she added. "Now, she will lock down the witnesses and see what else they can do, put some flesh on the bones."
Watch below or at this link.
MSNBC 05 29 2022 07 27 12youtu.be
- 'MAGA doesn't belong to him': New analysis explains the meaning ... ›
- New York appeals court orders Donald Trump, Ivanka and Don Jr. to ... ›
- Donald Trump ahead of NRA speech: 'We would be a very ... ›
- Why the House Jan 6th hearings could be more devastating to Trump than his impeachments: columnist - Alternet.org ›
- Trump’s 'luck' may be 'running out' thanks to Georgia DA’s investigation: journalist - Alternet.org ›
- Georgia election official's testimony will refute Donald Trump's accusations that she stole votes - Alternet.org ›
- Trump's planning to officially announce an 'unusually early' 2024 presidential run, NYT reports - Alternet.org ›
- Georgia criminal grand jury issues another subpoena in Trump election fraud investigation seeking audio recording - Alternet.org ›
- Mike Pence is campaigning for a 'fake elector' in Georgia — Brian Kemp’s running mate: report - Alternet.org ›
- Donald Trump erupts over 'radical left monsters who want to see America die' in manic midnight meltdown - Alternet.org ›