Warring Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert had to be separated at GOP conference: report
According to a report from Politico's Olivia Beavers, despite all outward appearances, Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert are at odds with each other, with the Colorado Republican unhappy she is mentioned in the same breath as her Georgia colleague.
In a deep dive into squabbles that are pulling apart the ultra-conservative Freedom Caucus, Beavers reports that at a recent conference the two had to be separated.
According to the report, "Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert look from the outside like MAGA twins, both loathed by Democrats for their incendiary right-wing rhetoric. But inside the House GOP, they’re not quite buddy-buddy."
The report notes that Boebert fits in more with the thinking of her Republican colleagues ("a team player") and she joined many of them in being furious with Greene over her appearance at a white nationalist conference well months ago.
As Beavers wrote, when the House Freedom Caucus board of directors gathered last month at its usual spot a few blocks from the Capitol, the two tangled over Greene’s appearance at a February event organized by a known white nationalist."
"Their confrontation grew so heated that at least one onlooker feared the Greene-Boebert back-and-forth might escalate beyond the verbal cage match had another board member not stepped in to de-escalate, according to a GOP lawmaker who was granted anonymity to describe what happened," Politico reports.
"The incident was confirmed by three people connected to the Freedom Caucus, whose members largely avoided public criticism of Greene and Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) at the time and focused their discontent on the event organizer, Nick Fuentes," the report added.
You can read more here.
- Lauren Boebert declares war on Disney and immediately loses ... ›
- Twitter bulldozes Lauren Boebert's 'twisted' proposal to regulate ... ›
- 'Excellent argument for a 5th grader': Lauren Boebert torched for ... ›
- Why Lauren Boebert’s 'straight-talking small-town business owner' image is a total sham: report - Alternet.org ›
- The MAGA caucus are 'bullies' willing to 'shoot the hostage': GOP senior staffer - Alternet.org ›
- In Colorado, both liberals and conservatives are hoping to remove 'embarrassment' Lauren Boebert from Congress: report - Alternet.org ›
- Conservative explains why the GOP is beyond salvation — despite the efforts of 'reasonable Republicans' - Alternet.org ›
- 'Just a disaster': Right-wing journalist reacts with horror to Trump’s reported meeting with Nick Fuentes - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene accuses Lauren Boebert of 'high school drama'-like behavior on Twitter - Alternet.org ›
- Lauren Boebert's failed gun-themed eatery will be replaced by a Mexican restaurant - Alternet.org ›
- Infowars viewers are attacking 'fraud' Marjorie Taylor Greene for supporting McCarthy as House speaker - Alternet.org ›
- 'Heads have to roll': House Republican teases prosecution of January 6th investigators - Alternet.org ›
- Critics light into Lauren Boebert’s suggestive tweet targeting Joe Biden - Alternet.org ›
- 'Enough of this!': Marjorie Taylor Greene flips out after Trump announces he will be 'arrested' - Alternet.org ›