Twitter batters insurrection supporter Madison Cawthorn for calling Vladimir Zelenskyy a 'thug'
U.S. Rep. Madison Cawthorn continues to follow the same playbook as what some are calling the “Sedition Caucus,” far-right congressional Republicans who at times seem more aligned with extremists and Vladimir Putin than mainstream America or even the GOP.
The freshman North Carolina GOP congressman was caught on tape declaring over the weekend that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, a hero to his own people and much of the world, is a “thug.”
“Remember that Zelenskyy is a thug,” Cawthorn says in video obtained and published by WRAL. “Remember that the Ukrainian government is incredibly corrupt and is incredibly evil and has been pushing woke ideologies.”
Republican strategist and Bush 43 Senior Advisor Karl Rove was the first to attack Cawthorn, in a Wall Street Journal op-ed Wednesday.
Here’s WRAL’s clip:
Rove was far from the last.
President Zelensky is fighting for his country against Russian aggression, but rotten tree-punching scofflaw Madison Cawthorn has the nerve to call him a "thug?"\n\nWho elects these embarrassing clowns?— BrooklynDad_Defiant! (@BrooklynDad_Defiant!) 1646934014
Here is the video obtained by @WRAL of Madison Cawthorn calling President Zelenskyy a \u201cthug.\u201d\n\nWhen will @GOPLeader take action against this?pic.twitter.com/OtXD4QJWzF— No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen (@No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen) 1646932528
In Madison Cawthorn's upside world Zelensky is a thug, a driver's license is optional, and an army captain in Russia is a matchmaker, if he makes up a fake Cross-Fit competition.— Mr. Newberger (@Mr. Newberger) 1646933281
Today Madison Cawthorn called President Zelensky a "thug."\n\nMadison doesn\u2019t understand that a real leader protects their Capitol; they don\u2019t attack it.— Jack Cocchiarella (@Jack Cocchiarella) 1646930855
Madison Cawthorn called Volodymyr Zelenskyy a \u201cthug.\u201d And yet, Madison never called Putin a thug!! In fact, Madison met his wife (now ex-wife) in Russia. And Madison voted against banning Russian oil. Why? Because Madison Cawthorn is a traitorous, anti-American GOP Russian Asset.— Uncovering The Truth (@Uncovering The Truth) 1646934151
- Madison Cawthorn is having a very bad week - Alternet.org ›
- 'Christian Taliban leader' Madison Cawthorn accused of calling for ... ›
- Twitter lampoons Madison Cawthorn after he reveals his ideal ... ›
- 'An embarrassment to our party': North Carolina Republicans blast Madison Cawthorn's 'antics' - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: Zelenskyy earns bipartisan standing ovation from Congress as he asks Biden to be 'the leader of peace' - Alternet.org ›
- 'I feel like Bill Murray': Zelenskyy is frustrated with Western leaders constantly asking for his Ukraine weaponry wishlist - Alternet.org ›