American Bar Association hails Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson as an ‘A-Plus’ Supreme Court nominee
During Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson’s Senate confirmation hearings, far-right Republican senators like Texas’ Ted Cruz and Missouri’s Josh Hawley have gone to ridiculous extremes to disparage President Joe Biden’s U.S. Supreme Court nominee. Judicial and legal scholars have been debunking their ludicrous claim that Jackson is soft on child pornography, showing that Cruz and Hawley are simply engaging in buffoonish political theater. And on Thursday, March 24 — the fourth day of the hearings — the American Bar Association (ABA) gave Jackson a stellar review.
According to Washington Post reporters John Wagner, Amy B. Wang, Mariana Alfaro, Eugene Scott and Felicia Sonmez, the ABA representatives interviewed described Jackson using terms that included “brilliant,” “impeccable” “beyond reproach” and “A-plus.”
“They said they found no evidence to support Republican criticism that Jackson was lenient in her sentencing as a federal trial court judge,” the Post reporters explain. “The testimony from the ABA — which has rated Jackson ‘well qualified’ to serve on the High Court — came at the outset of the fourth and final day of hearings on her nomination. Other outside witnesses called by Democrats and Republicans are also testifying Thursday on President Biden’s nominee.”
If Jackson is confirmed by the Senate, she would become the first African-American woman on the U.S. Supreme Court. Two Black males have served on the High Court: liberal Justice Thurgood Marshall (a Lyndon B. Johnson nominee) and his replacement, far-right Justice Clarence Thomas (who was nominated by President George H.W. Bush in 1991). But Biden is the first president in U.S. history to nominate a Black female for the High Court.
- 'Qanon word salad': Blackburn destroyed for going 'full transphobe ... ›
- Josh Hawley's attempt to smear Ketanji Brown Jackson is blowing ... ›
- 'I'm not the Congress': Kentaji Brown Jackson masterfully shuts ... ›
- 'Deal with the devil': Concerns loom that Biden’s potential Kentucky court pick is 'a lot like' Clarence Thomas - Alternet.org ›
- Alan Dershowitz reveals many reputable attorneys' firms 'won't let them go anywhere near' Trump - Alternet.org ›