Donald Trump throws a fit over 'RINOs' who pilloried his praise of Vladimir Putin
Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday raged against "RINOs, Warmongers and Fake News," whom he accused of trying to "blatantly lie and misrepresent my remarks on Putin."
In a statement released just hours before President Joe Biden's State of the Union address, Trump once again claimed that Russia's invasion of Ukraine "would have never happened" during his presidency, despite the fact that Trump repeatedly took Russia's side in disputes against America's traditional European allies.
Trump also blamed "Biden, NATO, and the West" for not showing "strength and toughness," even though those entities have provided the Ukrainian government with weapons and intelligence, and have also have hit Russia with unprecedented financial sanctions that have sent the Russian economy into a tailspin.
Additionally, Trump was impeached in the House of Representatives in 2020 after he withheld military aid to Ukraine as a leverage tool to get the country to publicly announce corruption investigations into the Biden family.
Trump concluded his rant by saying Russia's invasion of Ukraine is "terrible" but "this is what you get with Biden, the Democrats, and RINO warmongers!"
Read the full statement below.
- Watch: Trump praises 'tough' and 'smart' Putin while attacking Biden ... ›
- Shocker: Donald Trump gushes over Vladimir Putin's 'genius ... ›
- 'Trump's brain isn't normal': Conservative trashes 'deranged' former ... ›
- Narcissistic sociopath': Experts stunned after 'small, weak ... ›
- Journalist rips apart Eric Trump’s claim that Putin wouldn’t have attacked Ukraine on his father’s watch - Alternet.org ›
- 'Cancelling' Russia: Robert Reich explains why Putin, Trump and Tucker Carlson parrot the same 'culture war' rhetoric - Alternet.org ›
- Trump ran up the federal deficit more than either Obama or Bush: conservative economist - Alternet.org ›
- Lithuanian president calls for robust NATO expansion as Ukraine war rages on - Alternet.org ›