RNC resolution to censure Cheney and Kinzinger also attacks Dems with false claims
An RNC committee Thursday evening unanimously passed a resolution to censure GOP Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger. The resolution will be voted on by the full RNC, all 168 Republican National Committee members, Friday.
That resolution – submitted by Trump "dirty trickster" and GOP "shady partisan hit man" David Bossie – makes false claims about President Joe Biden and congressional Democrats,
"The Biden Administration and Democrats in Congress have embarked on a systematic effort to replace liberty with socialism; eliminate border security in favor of lawless open borders; create record inflation designed to steal the American dream from our children and grandchildren; neuter our national defense and a peace through strength foreign policy; replace President Trump's 'Operation Warp Speed' with incompetence and illegal mandates; and destroy America's economy with the Green New Deal."
The resolution also promotes the lie that participants in the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol were merely "ordinary citizens engaged in legitimate political discourse."
It calls for the RNC to "immediately cease any and all support of them as members of the Republican Party for their behavior which has been destructive to the institution of the House of Representatives, the Republican Party and is inconsistent with the position of the Conference."
Here is the draft censure resolution from Trump ally Dave Bossie and RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel against Rep. Liz Cheney. pic.twitter.com/EJ7O0XyUAk
— Josh Dawsey (@jdawsey1) February 4, 2022
- Oklahoma councilman under fire for controversial remarks deemed ... ›
- Why 'ambitious partisan' Kevin McCarthy is the ultimate 'party over ... ›
- Liz Cheney reveals Ivanka visited Donald Trump 'at least twice' on ... ›
- Paul Gosar retweets AOC cartoon murder video — minutes after ... ›
- RNC officially labels Jan. 6 attack on Capitol 'legitimate political discourse' - Alternet.org ›
- GOP censure of Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger is a pivot point in American history - Alternet.org ›
- Ted Cruz and John Cornyn have very different reactions to the RNC’s Jan. 6 committee censure resolution - Alternet.org ›