'Rooting Against America': Fox News Blasted for Being 'Giddy' over anticipated bad jobs report – until it was good
Experts predicted a bad jobs report but Americans were very pleasantly surprised when the Bureau of Labor Statistics Friday reported 467,000 jobs were created in January – tripling estimates – and increased the two previous months' jobs numbers as well.
Most Americans, that is.
Take a look at how Fox News was "giddy with anticipation of massive job loss," as Media Matters' Senior Research Fellow Craig Harrington noted, posting this video compilation:
"Fox News, rooting against America," decried Never-Trumper Bill Kristol.
READ: REVEALED: Trump reviewed draft order authorizing National Guard to seize voting machines
"Real patriots don’t root for failure. But that’s exactly what Fox News does," wrote veteran journalist Jim Roberts in response to the video.
CNN Contributor, World affairs columnist Frida Ghitis: "How embarrassing, Fox rooting for bad news for the country."
John Haltiwanger, a Senior Politics Reporter at BusinessInsider said Fox News was "Rooting for America to fail to own the libs."
And Lincoln Project member and veteran GOP campaign strategist Stuart Stevens wrote this response to the video:
"Most appealing aspect of Reagan era was optimism. To be born an American was to win life's lottery. Now Rs are all fear & pessimism. Grievance. Books are terrifying, America's great cities are terrifying. Immigrants are terrifying. The future is terrifying. A party of the fearful"
- 'That was the last straw': Two conservative Fox News 'mainstays' quit ... ›
- Head of federal agency responsible for wildly inaccurate jobs ... ›
- 'Let me finish': Jen Psaki smacks down Fox News' 'loaded and ... ›
- Bill Barr got into a screaming match with Fox News personality Maria ... ›
- Fox News pushed Hillary Clinton's speech dozens of times – but cut away when she called GOP 'coup plotters' - Alternet.org ›